HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the new coach

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 15 Sep 2007, 10:30:40 pm
More than anything, we need a coach who will get the respect of the players similar to Cullen was.
Someone like Harrison (would he gain any respect or is he just a bully?) or relatively recently retired player.

Would it work getting a part time coach? The players only train at night, could a coach do something similar?
It would save money, if nothing else.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 16 Sep 2007, 12:06:22 am
Names left right and center lmao i think everyone needs to calm down till its made official.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2007, 11:55:25 am
Here's one nobody has mentioned, Big Barrie McDermot!  On the coaching staff at Leeds I believe, wonder if he has the qualifications?  He always seems to be talking Cumbrian teams up on Sky Sports too.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2007, 02:18:43 pm
He,s been said a few times marra

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2007, 02:28:31 pm
Our new coach might be Cresta, Paul Crarey, from Barrow if they don't achieve promotion.

Offline Vonfluff

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2007, 03:19:53 pm
I think all of this is too up in the air at the moment.

We've got to look at this from the position of a new coach coming in.

We've just sacked a coach who got us to the Northern Rail Final, Top 4 and Playoffs - Coxy from the BBC was right - If DR did all that and got the spanish archer, what's the new bloke got to do to keep his job?  I think that will put a lot of potentials off.

Likewise we seem to be letting a few of our bigger-money players go - so either the BOD is planning to use the money elsewhere ..or those rumours the Town fans are chucking around (About us being financially wobbly) are true. In which case we're knackered.

Would you want the job under those circumstances - not sure I would and they certainly won't if they're a traveller.

Offline Haven27

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2007, 03:55:40 pm
Promotion !

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2007, 05:16:39 pm
Spanish Archer? Go on mate tell me, I'm clueless lol :-[

Offline barney

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2007, 05:29:23 pm
Spanish Archer? Go on mate tell me, I'm clueless lol :-[

EL-BOW

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2007, 06:05:47 pm
I think all of this is too up in the air at the moment.

We've got to look at this from the position of a new coach coming in.

We've just sacked a coach who got us to the Northern Rail Final, Top 4 and Playoffs - Coxy from the BBC was right - If DR did all that and got the spanish archer, what's the new bloke got to do to keep his job?  I think that will put a lot of potentials off.

Likewise we seem to be letting a few of our bigger-money players go - so either the BOD is planning to use the money elsewhere ..or those rumours the Town fans are chucking around (About us being financially wobbly) are true. In which case we're knackered.

Would you want the job under those circumstances - not sure I would and they certainly won't if they're a traveller.

Surely though that shows ambition that what Rotheram has done was not good enough. I'm sure a coach would rather come to a club that's saying 4th in the League isn't good enough than come to a club who are prepared to continue going backwards. The New Coach will come in pretty much like the last 3 coaches have with the task to take the club forward. He'll probably get 2 years, which Rotheram has had to make an impact on the club. 2 years of Rotheram was enough, he's had his shot at it and it times for someone else to have a go. If a coach wants to be here for more than 2 years then he needs to get the majority of supporters on side straight away, similar to McCormack who made himself unsackable off the pitch.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2007, 07:08:24 pm
so either the BOD is planning to use the money elsewhere ..or those rumours the Town fans are chucking around (About us being financially wobbly) are true. In which case we're knackered.

As a Town fan I can't say that I have heard them rumours can you enlighten me?????
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Vonfluff

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 19 Sep 2007, 11:04:12 pm
I'd just heard that the club was running desparately short of funds (Falling attendance V's Increased Player wages) and that by not renewing DR's contract and letting some other (higher paid) players go - they were trying to balance the books.

Dunno if there is any truth in it - it's just what I'd heard.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #27 on: 19 Sep 2007, 11:37:02 pm
I'd just heard that the club was running desparately short of funds (Falling attendance V's Increased Player wages) and that by not renewing DR's contract and letting some other (higher paid) players go - they were trying to balance the books.

Dunno if there is any truth in it - it's just what I'd heard.

You said Town fans were chucking this rumour around.   How would Town fans know that sort of information?    If you want to spread rumours try not to blame another clubs fans without good reason!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2007, 01:32:16 pm
Or maybe they were just given you a bit of banter