HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The situation as i see it...

Guest · 22 · 1487

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 15 Sep 2007, 04:47:21 pm
BTW there will be no promotion or relegation next season as don't the new franchises (sorry wash my mouth out) licences start in 2009?

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 15 Sep 2007, 10:23:12 pm
I don't think we can question many of the results under DR. Okay, we did lose at Donny and Sheffield unexpextedly, but in the whole results haven't been too bad.

The biggest problem is the manner in which results have been gained. There seems to be no game plan at all. How many games have Haven performed with any type of flowing rugby? You'll be lucky to count it on one finger, never mind one hand.
This is where the problem with DR lies and why fans are not coming back. You can blame ageing players, but the key players (the playmakers) are not ageing, with the exception of Aaron. Even without him, there should've been enough ability to play attractive flowing rugby league, but it hasn't occured.

DR arrived with the promise of a more expansive game which never happened and that it what has let him down more than anything else. Whether that is down to his man management is open to discussion, but at the end of the day, he never fulfilled his promise. It remains to be seen if he can do a job elsewhere and prove the majority of fans wrong.

Player power has at times been a problem at Haven, but it up to the coach to sort that out. The new coach will start afresh with many of the so called old heads gone, so that shouldn't be so much of a problem. It about respect for the player from the coach and vice versa.

TIME WILL TELL.
Let's hope the fans who have deserted us return next year.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 16 Sep 2007, 12:15:41 am
BTW there will be no promotion or relegation next season as don't the new franchises (sorry wash my mouth out) license's start in 2009?

so if theres no prom or rel next season does the team at the top or with franchise go up i thort that kicked in 2009

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 16 Sep 2007, 10:43:20 am
BTW there will be no promotion or relegation next season as don't the new franchises (sorry wash my mouth out) license's start in 2009?

so if theres no prom or rel next season does the team at the top or with franchise go up i thort that kicked in 2009

I  think  your  right  marra.  Next  season  is  basically  our  last  chance.  after  that  we'll  have  to  apply  which  means  we've  no  chance :(

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 16 Sep 2007, 11:53:16 am
Technically the franchise system has never actually been given the go ahead.  The RFL recently wined and dined the NL chairmen in the hope that they will for yes to doing away with promotion and relegation.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 16 Sep 2007, 12:48:38 pm
Technically the franchise system has never actually been given the go ahead.  The RFL recently wined and dined the NL chairmen in the hope that they will for yes to doing away with promotion and relegation.

There surely can't be one NL chairman who would seriously think about ending promotion and relegation.

Apart from maybe Cas if they've been promised a franchise

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 16 Sep 2007, 01:05:40 pm

There surely can't be one NL chairman who would seriously think about ending promotion and relegation.

Apart from maybe Cas if they've been promised a franchise

I  think you will find that the SL clubs votes count double so they can outvote the NL clubs.     Mr Lewis, the top man, has been saying for months that the licence system is being introduced and that SL will move to 14 teams so it appears that all it needs is rubber stamping and there is nothing the NL clubs can do about it UNLESS two SL clubs abstain or vote against the others, which would be like turkeys voting for Christmas!!!!

At the end of the 2008 season the NL1 Grand Final winner will be promoted if their finances and business plan and ground are accepted.    The rest of SL will have to submit their licence applications along with any new clubs like Toulouse, Celtic Crusaders, Barcelona!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!