HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Player Discipline

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:22:33 pm
This is what killed the game off for us today. I don't think I've ever seen us concede so many penalties in a first half as we did today. We all had a moan at Ganson regarding the decisions, but the reality was he got most of them right.

We can all moan that the expansive rugby that we have been promised isn't happening...but I think we need to get the basics sorted first. These silly penalties MUST be cut out otherwise we will be punished like we were today. Too many high shots, too much messing around at the POTB. The better teams take advantage of these penalties and usually convert them to points just like Fax did today.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2008, 10:52:02 pm
your right marra it happend last season this too

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2008, 11:02:05 pm
I  think  it  happens  every  time  we  play  away.  Are  referee's  against  us  and  in  favour  of  the  home  fans  or  is  our  discipline  really  that  bad.

Maybe  in  future  PC  should  fine  players  a  fiver  for  giving  pens  away.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2008, 06:23:04 am
The thing is that the tem gets a reputation for giving away penalties & refs will notice them more

Offline Marraforlife

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2008, 01:17:17 pm
I agree with the above post - look at Andy Johnson for Everton. A reputation as a diver, and he gets pulled every time.

Such petulance and ill-discipline has no place at Haven.

Offline nuttyfox

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2008, 02:55:08 pm
They should say they are fining for giving away pens but then don't so it looks to others that we're doing something about it when really we're not.  Then it looks to other people that when we give a pen away, the player is REALLY dissapointed about it because he's getting fined - but really he isn't.