HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the new coach

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 15 Sep 2007, 09:28:59 am
so here we go who do you want to see as new coach,loads of names being banned around.One thing for sure after recent events the BOD have to replace DR with a coach with a proven record not some one trying to prove themselves or else what is the point

i think the likes of lowes , harrison, paul will be just to expensive for our club.These types of coaches will be looking for a 60/70k wage packet and i cant see us being able to afford that with out it having a negative impact on player recruitment.

i think about 40k would be our limit for a coachs salary

my view is tony benson ex leigh, he did well for leigh got them to and won the NRC, proved he has good contacts in NZ bringing in players like azza, wilson and styles, being realistic i think thisi the type of coach the club will be looking at
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Haven27

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2007, 01:24:41 pm
we dont want any super league assisant coaches like previous cos they fail theres only been mccormack thts done good we want some one with experience as a first team coach like Karl Harrison,Shane McNally,Ian Millward who wud be good for the job

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2007, 02:04:28 pm
A proved coach not a asstant bottle carrier lol
If they want to take another chance like with DR get Barrie Mcdermott up lol

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2007, 04:50:50 pm
james lowes i heard today  :o

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:01:56 pm
james lowes i heard today  :o

who off
THE MULLET IS BACK

ANZAC

Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:11:33 pm
I would takes Lowes.  Was always agressive and very tactically astute as player.

He has only just gone to warrington though as assistant to PC.  Lives in yorkshire also.  Don't think he would come to Haven.

If we could get him he would be a good choice though, he could probably get some decent players to.

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:21:50 pm
I have heard Karl Harrison or Gary Chambers

ANZAC

Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:27:24 pm
Deff not Chambers...what would the point be of getting rid of Rotherham for Chambers.   I think we are right to assume our BOD (takes a deep intake of breath) have got rid of DR beacause they intend to bring in a coach of more experience / pedigree.  We must give the numb skulls some credit!

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:37:29 pm
I would takes Lowes.  Was always agressive and very tactically astute as player.

He has only just gone to warrington though as assistant to PC.  Lives in yorkshire also.  Don't think he would come to Haven.

If we could get him he would be a good choice though, he could probably get some decent players to.

Is he astute as a coach?

After all the comments about travelling players do you want a coach with a 300 mile plus round trip?

Why would he bring in some decent players?

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:38:30 pm
i heard it was lowes off an academy lad!

anzac i could see lowes taking it as he was ready to take the town job

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2007, 05:46:28 pm
ged stokes is the word lol.

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #11 on: 15 Sep 2007, 06:25:31 pm
I reckon gary hewer would be class fro our coach.
i been in the room when he coaches his acadamy side
and he's immense at getting them going
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

ANZAC

Reply #12 on: 15 Sep 2007, 07:15:57 pm
Oh God BOD put us out of our misery.  I heard that the Paramatta reserve team coach wanted a shot at coaching in the UK.

I suspect we will end up with either Daren Abrahams or Tony Benson.  Lowes and the rest are out of our budget when it comes down to it there are only so many out of work active coaches.

i remember back to when we went through this last time we were loking at Betts. Mike Ford and Daryl Powell we end up with Dave R.  I suspect something similar this tiime.  Robbie paul , james Lowes, karl Harrison oh yeah ...no Dareen Abrahams, Dave Wood, more like. 

Offline Broadbent 1

• Academy Star
  • Gary Broadbent Best Fullback in NL1
Reply #13 on: 15 Sep 2007, 08:37:07 pm
 I'd love to have Harrison in but I can't see it. Realistically I think it'll be Abraham.
Gary Broadbent Haven Legend

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 15 Sep 2007, 09:19:15 pm
It won't be Abramnot after his GF antics when at Leigh