news and star article/questions for the BOD

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 18 Sep 2007, 02:21:40 pm
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=543757

interesting read lots to ponder

what i would say is this new direction seems to backwards

to the BOD i would ask what are your plans to address the following issues

the falling crowds and lack of things for the family on match days compared to 3 years ago

the falling numbers in the jj mckewon bar before and after games and that fact that it shuts early, all must mean reduced income

the distrussed that there now is between the fans and the club compared to the openess there used to be

the general feeling of us being at a low ebb

who is making the decsions on players to sign now we have no coach for next year, and dont look like having a new one for at least a month

why was there no job advert in yesterdays league express, rotherham was told last week you tell us so surely time to draft a advert, another week wasted

« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2007, 02:39:08 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2007, 04:35:33 pm
why was there no job advert in yesterdays league express, rotherham was told last week you tell us so surely time to draft a advert, another week wasted

unless they already have someone lined up....

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #2 on: 18 Sep 2007, 05:06:14 pm
I Bet you get no reply to ANYTHING you have just asked!

Online njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 18 Sep 2007, 07:34:18 pm
I am more interested in the obviously orchestrated campaign to undermine Des and other board members by the 3 others ( they know who they are )
I would like them to answer why they think it is acceptable for them to publicly diss the coach while under contract?
Why was a 75% win ratio not good enough.
Why aren't any of the players holding their hands up and admitting their part in the down fall of DR wth substandard performances.
As i said before the coach is being made a scapegoat for  some other obvious problems at the club which are nothing to do with the coach.
DR does have his negative points but not enough to get the chop.

Fletcher stated at work yesterday that he was not paid last week and believe me, they guy who he told said that he was not  happy bunny.
Will it be DR fault if Fletch and the other influential players do not play for us next year due to this.

I have publicly backed members of the board on here including Des and I hope that he does not throw in the towel. Tis will turn out to be a bad decision getting rid of DR but we need Des at the ground for the long term future. We just need rid of a couple of old timers and replaced with the 4 waiting in the wings.
We the supporters can be influential in this!!!!! It is time for us to stand up and be counted.
Read the WHN on Thurs ( this will enlighten people as to some of the issues ) then lets get on here Thurs night and start our campaign to even the 'keel' of our club.

BOD get in touch with the feelings of the supporters..We want DR as coach.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 18 Sep 2007, 08:02:12 pm
You speak for yourself mate. I have supported Haven for more than 40 years and I think the decision to get rid was the right one. You are right about the fact that some of the players should be asking themselves some serious questions about their performances over the season. I hope the rumour of Fletch not getting his money isn't true as he is the only good thing to come out of DRs spell at the recre. Our team is getting old and we badly need some new talent as well as a new coach.

Online njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #5 on: 18 Sep 2007, 08:04:34 pm
You speak for yourself mate. I have supported Haven for more than 40 years and I think the decision to get rid was the right one. You are right about the fact that some of the players should be asking themselves some serious questions about their performances over the season. I hope the rumour of Fletch not getting his money isn't true as he is the only good thing to come out of DRs spell at the recre. Our team is getting old and we badly need some new talent as well as a new coach.

Fair point well made. The Fletch situation is true

Monte2carlo

Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2007, 08:06:15 pm
I am more interested in the obviously orchestrated campaign to undermine Des and other board members by the 3 others ( they know who they are )
I would like them to answer why they think it is acceptable for them to publicly diss the coach while under contract?
Why was a 75% win ratio not good enough.
Why aren't any of the players holding their hands up and admitting their part in the down fall of DR wth substandard performances.
As i said before the coach is being made a scapegoat for  some other obvious problems at the club which are nothing to do with the coach.
DR does have his negative points but not enough to get the chop.

Fletcher stated at work yesterday that he was not paid last week and believe me, they guy who he told said that he was not  happy bunny.
Will it be DR fault if Fletch and the other influential players do not play for us next year due to this.

I have publicly backed members of the board on here including Des and I hope that he does not throw in the towel. Tis will turn out to be a bad decision getting rid of DR but we need Des at the ground for the long term future. We just need rid of a couple of old timers and replaced with the 4 waiting in the wings.
We the supporters can be influential in this!!!!! It is time for us to stand up and be counted.
Read the WHN on Thurs ( this will enlighten people as to some of the issues ) then lets get on here Thurs night and start our campaign to even the 'keel' of our club.

BOD get in touch with the feelings of the supporters..We want DR as coach.

Yep,

Three directors are at the bottom of this rubbish. More to follow

Monte

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2007, 01:52:47 pm
Big problem is that the fans have voted with their feet and attendances are down this season.

The product on the field despite a 75% win rate has not been attractive, some might even say boring, vast majority of people who view & submit postings on this site will be commited fans, its the wavering fans that the BOD have to attract and turn them into commited. Yes winning is a big part of that, but being entertained is a big part too. We lost to the Caterlans but were many moaning that day ? I don't think so, but have we played that way again this season ??

5 Drives and a kick with no adventure or passion will not win many new supporters (or even keep the ones we have).

If the club are having problems paying the players, maybe its because there was only 1700+ at the Leigh game, that was a split gate, If we had won at Sheffield would it have been different ....... who knows.

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2007, 03:39:41 pm
Wouldn't we receive money from sky for the game being televised?  Or is that not how it works.

I dunno if I want the rumour about unpaid wages to be true.  I'm a little tired of a small bunch of trouble makers coming on this message board and printing unsubstantiated rumours that turn out to be incorrect.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2007, 04:06:17 pm
your right martin the cats game was very entertaining we seem to play a bit better against big teams as normally playoffs too.They haven't played good rugby most of the season so thats why the gate has fell IMO.
Lets hope the bod get sorted and a new coach with some decent players get signed up for next season....... its down to you now bod !!!

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 19 Sep 2007, 09:27:02 pm
I disagree with attendances being down on last year, the Rochdale attendance at the same stage as thursday was much worse, 1300 if I remember rightly,and no-one was claimimg turmoil then

Online njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2007, 05:42:09 pm
Wouldn't we receive money from sky for the game being televised?  Or is that not how it works.

I dunno if I want the rumour about unpaid wages to be true.  I'm a little tired of a small bunch of trouble makers coming on this message board and printing unsubstantiated rumours that turn out to be incorrect.
Trust me pal, I am not a trouble maker but a supporter of 35 years and who does not post rumours as that could be libellous.
Remember the players work at Sellafield and mix with supporters, the fletch 1 is true amongst others

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:03:31 pm
I disagree with attendances being down on last year, the Rochdale attendance at the same stage as thursday was much worse, 1300 if I remember rightly,and no-one was claimimg turmoil then

I'm not sure about that. I reckon attendance are down by at least 300 per game. Against Leigh there was  only 1700 when for a play off  game there should have been nearer 3000.  Even the Widnes game attracted only 2400 when the same fixture last season brought in 4000.

Online njg4haven

• First Team Regular
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #13 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:14:36 pm

Trust me pal, I am not a trouble maker but a supporter of 35 years and who does not post rumours as that could be libellous.
Remember the players work at Sellafield and mix with supporters, the fletch 1 is true amongst others
But to clarify Fletch was paid late, not 'not paid at all' I should have made that clear sorry............