HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Leigh announce the signing of Maiden & Aaron Smith

Guest · 17 · 1790

ANZAC

Maiden and Smith off to Leigh.  Trindall also def gone.

Every club seems to be building for next year.  We are going to have a lot of gaps to fill in this team.  Also heard from a main sponsor that he understands haven are reducing their wage bill next year.  He didn't say it was cash shortage but i suppose thats the only logical conclusion.

Thinking about it the article in the news and Star about Byrne questioning whether NL1 clubs should go all out to strengthen their squad because no one know if promtion will exist may just have been  a suttle way of saying Haven wont be doing so to the fans.

Just hope the BOD dont treat us like mugs and be honest with us ..the fans will know whether we have improved the squad or not by the quality and number of signing

So far we have lost Seeds, A Smith, A Lester, S Maiden, and Trindall from the wage bill for def.  I would say they would all be on the better contracts out of the whole squad.

There are also continuing rumours that Duffy and Fletcher.  Even if they don't the squads looking very light and old. 

Fats and Joe have yet to declare their intentions if they go we are really F))ked!

Oh and we aslo have no coach>     

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:34:45 am
Attendances are down this season so not unreasonable to expect the salary bill to be slightly lower next season?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2007, 08:51:02 am
Whilst  we  don't  need  to  replace  Smith  I  think  we  need  a  winger  for  Maden  unless  someone  like  Lebbon  will  get  his  chance.

Baldwin  will  also  have  gone ;D  so  with  Trindall  retiring  we  need  2 props/2nd row.  Also  a  centre  maybe. Barrow  have  a  couple  of  speedy  lads  that  might  want  to  play  at  a  higher  level

Whoever  we  do  sign  next  year  is  going  to  be  even  tougher  than  this  one. Salfod  will  be  strong  whilst  Celtic  will  get  the  help  needed.  There's  1  of  Cas  or  Widnes  and  if  that  wasn't  enough  both  Leigh  and  Fax  are  building  for  next  season.  God  forbid  but  we  could  have  difficulty  making  the  top  6  next  season  and  with  not  having  a  coach  building  for  next  might  not  take  place  for  another  month  or  2  and  by  then  most  decent  players  will  be  snapped up.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2007, 10:24:06 am
I said this early on in the season, and was told I was talking through my arse. Looks like we are heading for Town territory once again.
I think I did mention sheep at the time, so to all you sheep. Carry on Bahhhhing!
Lets see how you and the other sheep dig your way out of this mess. Once again the fans have done the talking with their feet. How long will it take to get the 500 back we have already lost? Now that?s allot of player wages vanished. To slow to act once again?
Time for a bloody good clean out me thinks?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2007, 12:19:47 pm
by my reckoning the following will be going from the seasons squad

lester(gone)
seeds
bull
a smith
baldwin
wright
maden

maybe leaving are according to rumours

duffy
fats
leroy
fletch

11 in total thats some big gaps to fill if they all go,

i would have no problem replacing them with 8 players as long as they all live local,add to them some u21 like
ford
shackley
barker
bamber
 farrar
 lancaster
benson

who next season need to be blooded and used as an integeral part of the first eam squad

so my likely squad next year would be

1. joey/benson
2.calvert/lancaster
3.s macavoy/ rudd
4.new center/rob jackson
5.new winger/ eilbeck
6. new stand off/craig macavoy
7.duffy or new no 7 / bamber
8.edmundson/jacko
9.matty/sice/ u21 hooker
10.new prop/hill
11.miller/phil joseph
12fletch or 2 new 2nd rows
13. phil joseph /rudd

plus

flapper
ford
shackley
barker
plus one more new signing

that would give us 30 players as long as the new players we bring are top quality and i mean top quality as in fletcher, then there is no reason why we should not use the u21 (better players) to bolster up the squad
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline mj

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2007, 08:30:07 pm
shackley and some off the 21s havenr been offered yet . rumor is some might go with DR ?

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2007, 10:45:56 pm
Marc Shackley my cousin, Last time I spoke to him he was still on some one elses books?

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:21:19 pm
hes been relesed from warrington so he can play for haven awsome player

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:49:21 pm
Lets face it we new at the start of the season a good few would be going and nothing really got planned for that theres been plenty of players to pick from If they,d come here i just don't know why its been left so late knowing how hard it is to get players up here.Lets watch this space and hope its never left this late again.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 21 Sep 2007, 12:01:38 am
I would imagine they have been thinking of it all year but it is hard to attract players, but i cant understand why. ::)

Offline mj

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2007, 12:33:05 pm
havent seen shackley play yet ? we need good local talent coming through

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2007, 10:38:46 am
I thought you were serious there for a minute there Mr Mullet. Your team selection for next year looks interesting. Then I realised it was a wind up when I saw that you were proposing to keep Flapper and Derry Eilbeck in your team. What are you like.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2007, 12:03:34 pm
I thought you were serious there for a minute there Mr Mullet. Your team selection for next year looks interesting. Then I realised it was a wind up when I saw that you were proposing to keep Flapper and Derry Eilbeck in your team. What are you like.

keep them as squad players

derries defence is poor but on the wing he has played well

flapper if he can regain the form of early this season he would be an excellent squad player better than wright or baldwin
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2007, 11:46:57 pm
Aaron Smith has just been announced that he`s been signed for leigh today........no announcment on maden yet though ;)

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2007, 12:13:52 am
I said this early on in the season, and was told I was talking through my arse. Looks like we are heading for Town territory once again.
I think I did mention sheep at the time, so to all you sheep. Carry on Bahhhhing!
Lets see how you and the other sheep dig your way out of this mess. Once again the fans have done the talking with their feet. How long will it take to get the 500 back we have already lost? Now that?s allot of player wages vanished. To slow to act once again?
Time for a bloody good clean out me thinks?

What you fail to get marra is that its the above like yours from a number of people the created the steam roller affect and now a few of the BOD felt that pressure and you can be proud of yourself its created Mt Everest to climb over many years instead of a hurdle that would be lucky to take one year.
Let me guess marra, you would perform brilliantly at anything with a group of people standing around for a year calling you crap and your going to fail etc etc? If you can, you would be the only one on the planet capable.
One day you will find yourself in a position that you know what it feels like to have someone believe in you, then times that by 2000 yelling chanting marra's in the same clothes as you{haha i.e rugby jumpers, not the weird matching shirt couples thing} and you will be able to climb Mt Everest while doing a handstand. ;D