HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

T Flannerz - Critisim of Directors

Guest · 19 · 1452

ANZAC

on: 20 Sep 2007, 08:16:14 am
Flannerz i understand where your coming from re libous comments .  But let me get this straight the club has contacted you to say that they wont countance critisim of the directors.?

Are you able to say which directors have said that they wont tolerate critisim?

I suppose at least we know they read the forum!

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2007, 09:12:06 am
Flannerz i understand where your coming from re libous comments .  But let me get this straight the club has contacted you to say that they wont countance critisim of the directors.?

Are you able to say which directors have said that they wont tolerate critisim?

I suppose at least we know they read the forum!

The club didn't contact me wanting me to remove the post. The topic had been removed on Tuesday evening and the club had heard about the message and wanted to know what was said when the contacted me yesterday morning.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2007, 10:12:55 am
Once again, Freedom of speech is controlled. This is a UNOFICIAL site; therefore we should be allowed to put our views forward.
Why do we bend over backwards not to hurt the feelings of the BOD?  Who does the BOD answer too? 
Errrmmm let me think, oh yeah us the paying fans. If they had the decency to answer questions put to them on hear and told us what was happening then they would have a right to winge. So in my view they don't have no right to defend anything said against them or the club on here. They have had many a chance to squash or confirm roomers on here and done sweet f.a!
But as soon as it Sticks & stones and there not happy. Tough!

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2007, 12:03:40 pm
I think you will find that naming people on a public forum in a derogatory way and throwing wild accusations around without any substance is not a good idea for the forum owners. They can be classed as liable (so Im led to believe) and as such the thread should have been removed. I read it and thought it was bang out of order, its not freedom of speech that suffers its the other users of the forum who may suffer as stricter controls may be thrust upon us. This isn't a bad forum but its been getting slowly worse as people for some reason or another think they should be told everything that goes on and stupid rumour after stupid rumour tends to clog up what can be a good source of information if used correctly. Why people believe they have a right to confidential information is beyond me, oh I know, its the old I go down every other week pay ?12 abuse they players if they dont perform outstandingly all the time, so I have a right, wrong. Get a grip on reality and let the people who put us into a position that was certainly unthinkable 10 years ago carry on how they see fit. Not throw wild rumours about that quite frankly dont deserve a reply.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2007, 04:44:12 pm
BAAAAAA take it your one of the sheep that follow the ram no matter what they do. All us people who do pay the ?12 mate are the club, so don't start that crap that we have no say?. Without us there is no club.and it's about time the likes of you and the BOD realise if enough of us stay away you have no club! We are 500 down now, how many need to walk before you see the light.
Some people will put up with anything I suppose  their tongues are super glued to the BOD arse. 3 of the BOD do a good job, the rest are dead wood!

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2007, 04:55:43 pm
Freedom of speech is fine but you can't go around talking crap about people without substance

I know that the forum is unofficial but we are still linked to from the official website, I don't think the board owners want to lose that link

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2007, 05:39:29 pm
I think you will find that naming people on a public forum in a derogatory way and throwing wild accusations around without any substance is not a good idea for the forum owners. They can be classed as liable (so I'm led to believe) and as such the thread should have been removed. I read it and thought it was bang out of order, its not freedom of speech that suffers its the other users of the forum who may suffer as stricter controls may be thrust upon us. This isn't a bad forum but its been getting slowly worse as people for some reason or another think they should be told everything that goes on and stupid rumour after stupid rumour tends to clog up what can be a good source of information if used correctly. Why people believe they have a right to confidential information is beyond me, oh I know, its the old I go down every other week pay ?12 abuse they players if they don't perform outstandingly all the time, so I have a right, wrong. Get a grip on reality and let the people who put us into a position that was certainly unthinkable 10 years ago carry on how they see fit. Not throw wild rumours about that quite frankly don't deserve a reply.

And exactly which wild rumours are we on about.

The return of Keith Nelson  FACT and has been discussed between certain directors!!
The slagging off of the coach by 2 directors ( whom i did not name )  FACT and a room full of Haven supporters were there to witness it.
The split between the board FACT  Des admitted this in his radio interview.
The 4 waiting in the wings with ideas to come on board  FACT

So unless i have missed something, no one has been named, no one as been slandered, so what is the issue.
Check out the Chelsea message board tonight, their fans who pay the wages are expressing their opinions freely

And for you to say, just let them carry on how they See fit beggars belief. If your kid was not pulling is weight at school but know he could do better would you let him carry on??
Other clubs are laughing at us and cannot believe we have got rid of DR.
Can all of us be wrong and a minority of 3 be so right???  you decide.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

justonelilpoint

Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2007, 05:43:55 pm
Think you'll find Neil it was a majority of 4 not minority of 3, and  majority of fans back that decision

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2007, 05:59:10 pm
Think you'll find Neil it was a majority of 4 not minority of 3, and  majority of fans back that decision
There were 3 behind the sacking for weeks and for some reaosn only known to himslef Des voted with them at the last minute.
Mistake but as i have siad previously maybe a hsty decision but we need Des and the other 3 to stay together and to stay on board with the club.
Other things will come out no doubt ove the next few weeks when we can all make an infomed decison.
Where does the 'majority of fans come from?? radio cumbria phone in sundy evening indicated the exact opposite.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:02:28 pm
I think it stinks what is happening behind the scenes of our club.

Monte

Monte2carlo

Reply #10 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:06:59 pm
There were 3 behind the sacking for weeks and for some reaosn only known to himslef Des voted with them at the last minute.
Mistake but as i have siad previously maybe a hsty decision but we need Des and the other 3 to stay together and to stay on board with the club.
Other things will come out no doubt ove the next few weeks when we can all make an infomed decison.
Where does the 'majority of fans come from?? radio cumbria phone in sundy evening indicated the exact opposite.

Hmm,

Now NJG you can't critise certain people who need to take a back SEAT at the club

Monte

justonelilpoint

Reply #11 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:12:49 pm
Try a poll on here Neil,
Ive done one on my site and ,wasnt huge number voted but out of it 80% agreed he should go.Majority ive spoken too out and about think so too.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:17:15 pm
I think it stinks what is happening behind the scenes of our club.

Monte

Its certainly very worrying. Everyone's  worked  hard  to  get  the  club  where  it  has.  NL1 champs, 2 GF's  and an NRC final is not bad going in 5 years.  Also  on top of that  we've  got  some exciting  youngsters  who  years  ago  might  have  gone  elsewhere.  Certainly  the  profile  of  the  club  has  been  raised  tenfold  so  I  guess  judging  by  what  other  teams  fans  are  saying  about  us  there's  more  than  a  few  eyebrows  being  raised.

What  we  don't  want  is  to  go  back  to  the  dark  old  Tamati  days  when  800  turned  up  and  we  couldn't  attract quality  players.  Personally  I  don't  think  it  will  get that  bad  but  it  is  clear  there  are  rocky  times  ahead.  

What  is  sad  though  is  all  the  rumour  and  speculation  when  we  have  a  tough  game  this  Sunday.  Our  season  is  still  alive  just  and  who  knows.  I  see  no  reason  why  we  can't  beat  Fax  and  have  a  crack  of  Cas  or  Widnes  away.  We've  no  chance  of  SL  so the  pressures  off  as  I  see  it.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 20 Sep 2007, 06:20:20 pm
BAAAAAA take it your one of the sheep that follow the ram no matter what they do. All us people who do pay the ?12 mate are the club, so don't start that crap that we have no say?. Without us there is no club.and it's about time the likes of you and the BOD realise if enough of us stay away you have no club! We are 500 down now, how many need to walk before you see the light.
Some people will put up with anything I suppose  their tongues are super glued to the BOD arse. 3 of the BOD do a good job, the rest are dead wood!

I do not follow what the BOD do in the day to day running of the club, from what you say its obvious that you have some information about who does what, or so you think, because there is two sides to every story (and no Im not taking anyones side because I dont know the ins and outs of it, unlike some people on here). What I wont do is speculate on things that I dont know about and I think a lot of other people should do the same. I'd also like to know where I said you had no say, what I did say was that the rubbish thats getting posted on here shouldn't even bother with a reply. A lot of it personal stuff at times bordering on abuse and people think that hiding behind a username gives the carte blanch to throw things at people who have no comeback (or if the do come back with a reply would look petty). If I'm right one thread was removed obviously because it overstepped the mark. Do you think it fair to come on here firing bullets at people who've no real chance of a reply? Why do you think that the crowds are down? Is it because, as you put it, we've got 3 people who are dead wood on the board, or a lot of people see whats been delivered up by our so called wonderfully coached team. Crowds tend to stay away because of what occurs on he pitch, not what happens in the boardroom.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2007, 11:27:07 pm
having read this and other forums since the news about DR,s contract there has been all sorts of stuff been posted , who knows if its true or not as they say no smoke with out fire so here is a run down of everything i have read, been told off others fans(including town fans) etc etc, no names as that is out of order

DR

board split on contract renewell  and some one changed their mind at last minute leading to a 4-2 vote against a new contract
fans veiws split most agree the timming of it is awfull and if they were going to do this after blackpool was the ideal time
style of rugby, havent heard any one say we are playing good rugby

BOD
clear theres a big split falling 3-3 (3 in each camp)
2 names  mentioned more than most about being against DR for a while rumours of them slagging him off in public
A group lead by a ex chairman wanting to take over to move the club on, but seem to want the current BOD out before they put any money or effort in
rumours of money troubles at the club ( we havent had anything like this for years )
lots of questions asked about falling attendances , loss of income and things not been done as well as in 2003/04/05
rumours of people coming back on the BOD who have had poor track records with the club in the past

Team

what kind of a team will we have next year
lots leaving 7 that are certain to go with 4/5 others who may not be here next year
rumours of us signing 2 from town one from barrow( who is making these choices now we have no coach for next year)are these player to take us forward.the club seems to  not want to commit to anything until they find out in november about the 2009 licences (november is too late to sign players)
fans worried we are going to struggle too make the play offs

General

falling attendances
poor facilities(toilets seems to be a big gripe)
no openess with fans any more
not a famliy freindly club any more

hope this sums up about 600 different threads across a few sites
THE MULLET IS BACK