HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehavens Dead? Long live the New Whitehaven?

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Well I am glad we do not have to travel down to Widnes. I could not have stomached another drubbing by them.
Anyhow now we can get shot of all the dead wood. Have a clean out. Whitehaven as we have known it is dead? Long live the new and hopefully improved new Haven.
Can we now be given some information on what and who we have to look forward to having at Haven next season?
In my opinion we are going to be fielding 8 to 10 new players next season. I think next season is going to be our hardest season in 5 years, so we really do need some top draw signings. I do not think we will see another final until we are full time at Haven and that seems like it will never happen.
Who do you think will still be left at Haven next season from the haven players that are left at White haven. And I wonder who will be coming on board. Hopefully the rumoured Australians for starters.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:07:15 pm
Well I am glad we do not have to travel down to Widnes. I could not have stomached another drubbing by them.
Anyhow now we can get shot of all the dead wood. Have a clean out. Whitehaven as we have known it is dead? Long live the new and hopefully improved new Haven.
Can we now be given some information on what and who we have to look forward to having at Haven next season?
In my opinion we are going to be fielding 8 to 10 new players next season. I think next season is going to be our hardest season in 5 years, so we really do need some top draw signings. I do not think we will see another final until we are full time at Haven and that seems like it will never happen.
Who do you think will still be left at Haven next season from the haven players that are left at White haven. And I wonder who will be coming on board. Hopefully the rumoured Australians for starters.

Why the excitement about  player we have nevers heard of or seen. By all acounts his reputation on the net exceeds the reaity of his talent.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2007, 09:25:07 pm
the players i think should stay are:

Broadbent
Calvert
rudd
duffy
sice
matty
Fletcher
Hill
jacko
eilbeck

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2007, 09:28:32 pm
the players i think should stay are:

Broadbent
Calvert
rudd
duffy
sice
matty
Fletcher
Hill
jacko

I hope you get your wish but i fear that 2 from the list may be missing next year
eilbeck

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2007, 10:53:56 pm

Marra, this is the attitude that has caused the problems. What has happened is not a clean-out but a idiocy! Will take a long long time to recover from this so called clean-out.

Good luck Haven.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2007, 10:35:29 am
All depends on who we get, if we get decent players it maybe a good thing.