HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

WHO IS THIS PLAYER

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2007, 06:15:29 pm
Your right!!!! It was disallowed!!!! I forgot that bit. 

All i could remember was ward going 70 yards and being chased by some ex GB player (Stephenson???) who pulled up with some sort of hamstring injury and never played rugby again.

Kelly shelford scored one from quite a distant in the second half (towards the kells end)... it was a great day, but a terrible season... probably the worst season I've witnessed, very dark days.

I'm sure that forward was called petrie... short, very tough, blonde....

Your  right  Splodge.  Loose  forward  I  think.  Must  have  put  in  40+  tackles  every  game.  As  for  who  got  the  drop  you  could  be  right  on  that  too.  I  thought  it  was  Ward  because  I  remember  at  the  end  some  fans  ran  onto  the  pitch  and  put  him  on  their  shoulder and  carried  him  off  but  I  forgot  about  Shelford.  I  might  be  wrong  but  I  think  we  got  Ward  and  Petrie  from  some  obscure  team..........British  Aerospace RLFC. ????

British Aerospace rings a bell

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2007, 06:55:16 pm
Your right!!!! It was disallowed!!!! I forgot that bit. 

All i could remember was ward going 70 yards and being chased by some ex GB player (Stephenson???) who pulled up with some sort of hamstring injury and never played rugby again.

Kelly shelford scored one from quite a distant in the second half (towards the kells end)... it was a great day, but a terrible season... probably the worst season I've witnessed, very dark days.

I'm sure that forward was called petrie... short, very tough, blonde....

Your  right  Splodge.  Loose  forward  I  think.  Must  have  put  in  40+  tackles  every  game.  As  for  who  got  the  drop  you  could  be  right  on  that  too.  I  thought  it  was  Ward  because  I  remember  at  the  end  some  fans  ran  onto  the  pitch  and  put  him  on  their  shoulder and  carried  him  off  but  I  forgot  about  Shelford.  I  might  be  wrong  but  I  think  we  got  Ward  and  Petrie  from  some  obscure  team..........British  Aerospace RLFC. ????

British Aerospace rings a bell

Thats correct its the team Fitzsimmons was coaching before he got the Haven job.

TW