HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherhan - you are a star

Guest · 28 · 2054

ANZAC

on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:02:25 pm
Just listened to his post match interview and really do feel he has been shat on from a great height.

he did not deserve what has happened to him yet he acted with great proffesionalism and decoram.

How many of the BOD ( Barstwerds) were sat there in the stands hoping we lost to save them from embaressment!  A shambles the lot of them.  They have totally destroyed and undermined this season.  Run the lot of them out of Town. 

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2007, 05:58:13 pm
I've been reading posts on this board all season and the majority of fans have been calling for DRs head all season and after the Widnes final the anti DR campaign seemed to gather even more momentum.  Haven't the majority of supporters been wanted him out for a while?  I was never really sure why everyone disliked him so much myself.  Why have the anti DR mob suddenly gone so quiet? 

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2007, 06:20:57 pm
I've been reading posts on this board all season and the majority of fans have been calling for DRs head all season and after the Widnes final the anti DR campaign seemed to gather even more momentum.  Haven't the majority of supporters been wanted him out for a while?  I was never really sure why everyone disliked him so much myself.  Why have the anti DR mob suddenly gone so quiet? 

I  agree.  1  minute  everyone  wants  shot  of  him  and  then  the  next  we  want  him  to  stay. Quite  how  much  help  he  got  from  the  BOD  I'm  not  sure.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2007, 10:54:57 pm
i havent gone quiet, i am gald to see the back of his 2 years of what can only be summed up as failure, he was fetched in to continue where SMc left off, he has managed to take us from FIRST in NL1 to FOURTH in NL1 that is a cold hard FACT, it is not an opinion, anything that can be said about him will be opinions, which can be argued either in favour or against, that is down to each individual

whether i would go as far as to say i dislike him, i doubt as i dont know the guy, but as a coach i think he is not what we hoped for, for whatever reasons,

one excuse i will never accept is injuries, every team gets them and, as he himself has stated was happy with his 35-36 man squad, then a few injuries shouldnt even come into it
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2007, 01:16:34 pm
dave rotheram was hated by every player at the club apart from baldwin and rob jackson because they were just happy that some body would give them a game. The board didnt like the guy because he was arragant  the crowds have droped massively in the last couple of years not because of results but the way we have played the game 5 drives and a kick. DR signed ricky wright,baldwin,trindal. and evan thou they played crap week in week out they had to play because he sighned them we finished 4th so if dave rotheram stayed we would be down to 1000 fans finishing 5th. So that might answer a few questions to why the board got rid of the guy

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2007, 02:02:23 pm
Rotheram

what a disaster

signed crap players (baldwin)
Took the team down (1st to 4th in 1 season)
a drubbing in the Nrc final
No Grand Final

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2007, 05:11:55 pm
My sentiments!

He started of playing unattractive rugby and when challenged he arrogantly  replied: " we are winning games aren't we?" he then said when the pitches dried out we would see a faster more expansive and more entertaining style of rugby by Whitehaven. He failed to deliver and unfortunately a rugby coach is judged on the performance of the team under his influence and the judgement was not to renew his contract because he didn't seem able to get the best out of the players he had at his disposal.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2007, 05:33:02 pm
Rotheram

what a disaster

signed crap players (baldwin)
Took the team down (1st to 4th in 1 season)
a drubbing in the Nrc final
No Grand Final
                                                          HERE HERE :D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2007, 05:35:28 pm
We only seemed to play our best rugby when we were losing and the team took it into their own hands, deviated off the game plan and played off the cuff.

Say no more.....

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:09:03 pm
dave rotheram was hated by every player at the club apart from baldwin and rob jackson   ( HOW COME THEN THAT MOST
OF THE PLAYERS TURNED UP TO HIS DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY PARTY IN THE CLUB 2 WEEKS AGO  )
because they were just happy that some body would give them a game. The board didnt like the guy ( ARE YOU SURE OF THAT   AT LEAST 3 VOTED TO KEEP HIM ) because he was arragant  the crowds have droped massively in the last couple of years not because of results but the way we have played the game 5 drives and a kick. DR signed ricky wright,baldwin (  ARE YOU SURE )    trindal ( AND WHAT IS YOUR GRIPE ABOUT TRINDALL )   and evan thou they played crap week in week out they had to play because he sighned them we finished 4th so if dave rotheram stayed we would be down to 1000 fans finishing 5th. So that might answer a few questions to why the board got rid of the guy

And as i have said before if we had scored 1 more try at home to Leigh we would have finished 3rd. Would you still be knocking him????
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:12:37 pm
yep

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:14:14 pm
yes

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:18:01 pm
yes
So what would have been a successful criteria for Dave to win you over?
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:21:42 pm
YES
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:23:17 pm
yes
So what would have been a successful criteria for Dave to win you over?

Entertaining rugby for a start