HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

How can there be any signings without a coach??

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 28 Sep 2007, 10:39:06 am
I think you will find it goes like this in ranking of the leagues!

NRL
SL
Aussie divisionial comp
Barter card
 NL1

I can not see how it could be thought of any differently than that??Barter card and NR1 would be close, but i would expect the Barter card to be at a higher level because in NZ there is only one NRL team to take players from the Barter card teams.

ANZAC

Reply #16 on: 28 Sep 2007, 01:30:03 pm
Battercard cup is not the same standard as NL1 in a month od sundays.  Any decent Kiwi wither plays for the Warriors in Aus or in the divisonal R U sides.

Batercard cup games are played in front of very low crowds and teams are made up of kids looking for a chance or hard nuts who are comitted to league as opposed to the bigger money available in union in NZ

Look at teh NZ residents team in 2004.  That was made up of the BEST NZ residents and they were barley a match for Warrington reserves Cumbra and a NL select team.

As I said before the resident playing pool  still playing in NZ is alot different than it was 10 years ago.

Re Fats Lester and leyroy.  Lester was on the Warriors books nad did infact play NRL.  Joe was on the Cowboys books playing in Aus and Fats was vice captain of the junior kiwis and signed from a French club.

I hope Edmondson is a good signing and i accept Stans recommendation my point is NZ Batercard cup is not the talent pool is was when you could pluck a shelford or a dave watson out of it.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 28 Sep 2007, 06:57:12 pm
Here we go again!!!

The club is knocked by certain people on this site for seemingly doing nothing, people are entitled to an opinion. But then the club announces a signing and the same people then knock the club for signing a player from a league that they think is sub standard.

I'm not certain but I presume that these same people don't know Mr Edmundson or have not seen him play. So why don't these certain people stop being so negative and give people a chance.

Get a life!!!!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 28 Sep 2007, 08:28:51 pm
Here we go again!!!

The club is knocked by certain people on this site for seemingly doing nothing, people are entitled to an opinion. But then the club announces a signing and the same people then knock the club for signing a player from a league that they think is sub standard.

I'm not certain but I presume that these same people don't know Mr Edmundson or have not seen him play. So why don't these certain people stop being so negative and give people a chance.

Get a life!!!!!!

well said how can anyone comment on him as i take it apart from when he played against cumbria(at loose forward|) no haven fans have seen him playing prop
THE MULLET IS BACK