HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

next seasons squad

ANZAC

Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2007, 05:05:14 pm
To be honest I would be reasonbaly happy picking from Elibeck, Rob Jackson, and the two Mcavoy brothers in the centres next year.

I think the will between them do a decent enough job for Whitehavens expectation.

With maden gone we need a decent winger to go with Calvert.  None of the above four are out and out wingers or fast enough for the wing.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2007, 05:55:47 pm
sorry forgot jacko aswell he had a good season. Dont think matt gardner would bring that much to are team. I think derry will come good this year he has all the skills and abit of pace and his local .i think lebbon shud be given a chance to see what he can do maybe a new coach can get the best out of him so we dont need to pay over the odds for a new winger and put the money in other areas like a second row

ANZAC

Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2007, 07:17:13 pm
Eilbeck is a centre...if he is going to make it he will be as a centre.  Needs to defend better and reduce his error rate but to be fair has shoen enough in attack  this year to be given pole position next year.  Not lightening quick as per Seeds in his youner days but probably a bit more creative with the ball than Seeds.

Lebbon is never going to be a top end NL1 Winger as long as we all have a hole in our AR**.

The bloke isn't comitted enough.  He has ok footwork but not enough pace or size.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 27 Sep 2007, 07:21:31 pm
sorry to disagree leb has proved himself  more than once :o :o :o
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:16:21 pm

No pace

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:14:03 pm

No pace

it not lebs pace or quality that is the prob it is attitude n commitment

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:18:57 pm
CAN'T BLAME THE LAD HE HAS BEEN SH.... ALL SEASON
PLAYS WELL THEN GETS DROPPED. :o :o :o
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline GARDNER

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:47:11 pm

No pace
yes i wud like 2c leb given a long run in 1st team :)
NEVER GIVE UP HOPE

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 28 Sep 2007, 06:48:43 pm
leb should be given his chance poor guy played well then d r  droped him why???????

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 29 Sep 2007, 10:52:44 am
lebbon has been at the club awile and has never spat the dummy out like other players. When macavoy started firsteam rugby he looked out of place but the more games he got the better he got now he is one of are best players the same goes for derry he took at least 10 games before he showed anything and started to play well .lebon has played some great games for the firsteam  imagine if he got a decent run in the team he should get evan better. Its just a thought because we do have a limited budget to work with and we could do with some more forwards and a center

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 29 Sep 2007, 11:18:56 am
To be honest i think we should try and get byron ford in to play wing then we would have to proven try scorers on each side of the pitch and byron is good in defence, he should be worth at try at least.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 29 Sep 2007, 01:45:01 pm
IF YOU REMEMBER EVERY TIME LEB PLAYED HE SCORED
EVEN COX'S SAID ON RADIO TO DR BUT STILL GOT DROPPED >:( >:(
ALWAYS  HAVEN

newton

Reply #27 on: 29 Sep 2007, 01:51:10 pm
spending big money on a winger in my eyes is money wasted there are other areas we need to streghen eilbeck has had every chance to get his spot and failed again pls give leb the same opertunity

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 29 Sep 2007, 02:55:18 pm
very true marra we need a good pack

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 30 Sep 2007, 11:46:45 am
Newton i think you will find eilbeck did not fail he was our best centre this season until he was dropped through no fault of his own it was rotherham playing his travelling players so i don't see how you can say eilbeck has failed.