HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherhan - you are a star

Guest · 28 · 2033

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:28:05 pm
play the expansive rugby he promised ie st helens style. Dont bring a has been player from workington and rochdale ie wricky right/baldwin. Dont drop sice when he is are main game breaker.take responseability for a loss instead of comeing out with excuses like injuries players playing out of position because he was first to take credit for a win. Acorrding to most of the players his man managment was terrible aswell and was often off with the suporters aswell

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:29:00 pm
So if we had played entertaining ruby and not won as many games (75%) you would be happy???
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:32:02 pm
So if we had played entertaining ruby and not won as many games (75%) you would be happy???

At least we would go home from games having enjoyed them.
It's not as if we had any chance of promotion anyway.
The style of rugby is one of the main reasons the gates have dropped.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #18 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:33:27 pm
we're not going to get to super league.so may aswell play attractive rugby not getting there than dull boring rubish i've spent hundreds on this year not getting there.

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:42:10 pm
attacking rugby with flair would be a start and don't say we do not have the players just look at barrow they are better going forward than us with much less money or players.now i am on a roll rotherham would play a.smith if he only had one arm,also i think is sound tactics to drop the best defensive center in the league for a guy who cannot tackle in a cup final and we know how that turned out.scott farmer has left if he had been given a fair go he would still be here but no ship in two young super league lads no passion for the shirt take the money and run.finally baldwin how can barrow get two quality players half way through the season that are good enough to get into our first team and we get him,its easy the barrow coach has got a clue our thankfully ex coach is a muppet.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:45:25 pm
don't hold back mega just say what you really think.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:06:16 pm
I don't see the point in making posts just to rubbish everything Dave R did at Haven in his 2 years.     For what it's worth I think there are many on this board who became Haven fans at a time when you were just hitting the high notes with PC.   He went and his legacy of players carried it on for Steve McC but even those teams had their bad days.   I recall sitting at Widnes watching them get obliterated by Cas and Haven so called fans leaving in their droves to the pub down on the corner!!!!

Dave R maybe did lack public relation skills of the others but he showed he wasn't afraid to face up to the senior players when he thought he had to and maybe that upset some fans.    However, he put out a team every week that finished 4th in NL1 behind 3 full-time teams and you went to the NR Cup final.   I know that wasn't a hard task opponents wise but no-one else had achieved that.      Pretty sexy rugby is all very nice but you do need all the right players in the right places to play like that and the hard facts are that many of Haven's players were nearer the end of their careers than at the start. 

Anyhow he's gone now and who knows we at Town maybe saying some of the same things in a year or two but he could also prove to be just what we need at this moment in our clubs history.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:07:43 pm
attacking rugby with flair would be a start and don't say we do not have the players just look at barrow they are better going forward than us with much less money or players.now i am on a roll rotherham would play a.smith if he only had one arm,also i think is sound tactics to drop the best defensive center in the league for a guy who cannot tackle in a cup final and we know how that turned out.scott farmer has left if he had been given a fair go he would still be here but no ship in two young super league lads no passion for the shirt take the money and run.finally baldwin how can barrow get two quality players half way through the season that are good enough to get into our first team and we get him,its easy the barrow coach has got a clue our thankfully ex coach is a muppet.
And Barrow had a chairman with wads of cash to spend Mr Smith was reported to be on ?40 grand.  Makes a difference

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:10:15 pm
I don't see the point in making posts just to rubbish everything Dave R did at Haven in his 2 years.     For what it's worth I think there are many on this board who became Haven fans at a time when you were just hitting the high notes with PC.   He went and his legacy of players carried it on for Steve McC but even those teams had their bad days.   I recall sitting at Widnes watching them get obliterated by Cas and Haven so called fans leaving in their droves to the pub down on the corner!!!!

Dave R maybe did lack public relation skills of the others but he showed he wasn't afraid to face up to the senior players when he thought he had to and maybe that upset some fans.    However, he put out a team every week that finished 4th in NL1 behind 3 full-time teams and you went to the NR Cup final.   I know that wasn't a hard task opponents wise but no-one else had achieved that.      Pretty sexy rugby is all very nice but you do need all the right players in the right places to play like that and the hard facts are that many of Haven's players were nearer the end of their careers than at the start. 

Anyhow he's gone now and who knows we at Town maybe saying some of the same things in a year or two but he could also prove to be just what we need at this moment in our clubs history.

Great post Keith wish some of the so called Haven Fans could put things into perspective
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 25 Sep 2007, 10:17:52 pm
good post keith.only time will tell what the town fans think about dr.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 25 Sep 2007, 11:48:30 pm
When we played decent teams we looked clueless in attack. Dr played sicey at fullback instead of giving benson firs team experience so if broadbent got injured benson would be thrown in at the deepend .Got players on months loans instead of giving some of are young guys a shot at first team rugby.Uses lester and seedsy injurys as an excuse for the teams dip in form then when they come back they dont get picked and he gets rid of are captain.Acording to a few people he didnt evan talk to the acadamy lads.When mcormack left we were getting good crowds wininng all are home games getting in the top 2 .DR first year we finish 3rd 2nd year we finish 4th so next year we would of finished 5th if he carried on his progress.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2007, 07:40:56 am
.DR first year we finish 3rd 2nd year we finish 4th so next year we would of finished 5th if he carried on his progress.

The record speaks for its self!! End of chat!!!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 26 Sep 2007, 10:43:42 am
Attractive rugby.
Players supporting each other in attack instead of one man up your jumper stuff.
Centres and full back passing instead of continually throwing the same predictable dummy.
A more convincing attempt to play the ball fast in order to win more free kicks ( or a faster play the ball)
Forwards or capable backs taking the ball up first and second tackle not Calvert
2 players both competing to field a high kick should communicate with each other.
making sure the tackle is complete before easing off
Introducing some of the young lads in order to keep them interested.
Recognise when someone loses form and replace him until he recovers form.
Practice how we will deal with a short high kick off cos we inevitably lose possession.

Will that do for starters?