HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherham

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:33:31 pm

Yes keith you said we had an ageing team but it is still better than your team of **** heads.
We told you all about walshy, did you listen ???NO you said he would be awesome
DR will upset your players and won't play your under 21s and will insist on bringing travellers in over talented players.
So if you have a big enough squadfor him to upset you might just have a team to play next season.
Also by the time Mr Stokes gets his compensation DR will not have any money for players.

Just like when you took Sorenson its great, DR was poor so its only right he has gone to a poor team.

As I said above.   Time alone will tell, just as it did with Walshy after he had played 3 or 4 awesome games.  ;) ;)

Haven's position in the league table shows that your team is better than our team of "**** heads" as you call them and it really shouldn't concern you now that DR has moved to Town.   Let us do the worrying whether he will do a job for us.   If he doesn't then you can come back and tell us, "told you".   That's what this game is about isn't it??   Scoring points???

While it is on our own Forum it concerns us,

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #31 on: 28 Sep 2007, 05:46:11 pm
Why would it concern us now what DR does anymore, Let him do his job at Town and hopefully he Will get them up to scratch. and one thing for sure it will make any derby games quite a bit more interesting. Why are we interested on what Dr is doing. Haven will now be on his hit list of teams, He will love to turn us over now more than any other game he will play. I for one hope he does a great job for Town?

Offline Topfan

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 28 Sep 2007, 10:37:03 pm
I have to say I find this thread  symptomatic of some rather jaundiced thinking around the place at the moment .

First Puppetmaster , You cant really be serious in your analysis of the supposed decline in the clubs fortunes since 2004 . How about if you took that analysis back to 2003      or even before . In truth our league position in 2006 and 2007 were as good as could have ben expected given the otehr teams in the competition .

Was DR perfect?I dont think so ,  neither was Steve Mac or Paul Cullen .

So what of the future , I suspect DR hasnt gone to Derwent Park without some prospect of significant resources being put his way , and I fear that the fall out from his deaprture will be far more serious than everyone could have imagined , with potentially the backbone of our coaching developement  expertise following  him

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:15:46 pm
well topfan, you are in a minority of people, who expected us to finish 4th this season, most people seemed to think we could finish 3rd, some< slightly blinkered i think> even thought we could finish 1st or 2nd!!!!

as for previous coaches, remember paul cullen set the ball rolling, steve mac carried it on, and became havens most successful coach in history, then came rotherham, who stopped it all and has taken us backwards

no matter how you all try to dress it up, rotherham has taken the club back.

you say our position was to be "expected given the other teams in the competition", but that is only an opinion, not a fact,remember we beat halifax 4 times during the season, yet some how managed to still finish below them!

just as in my opinion, castleford are not as good a team this season as they were in 2005, making our achievement then of finishing above them all the more remarkable, but that is not a fact, it is just my opinion!< shared by others, but not by all>
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 29 Sep 2007, 09:58:41 am
All very interesting Ipswich Steve but the fact of the matter, for whatever the reason, Rotheram took this club back 5 years with his one dimensional tactics. We became predictable and boring to watch. I heard his final interview on Radio Cumbria after the defeat at Halifax and after being wished all the best by John Cox, he said nowt! His silence was deafening! I think that sums up the arrogance of the man and good riddance to him! Frankly I couldn't care less whether he turns things round at Town or not! I seem to remember all of you Town supporters that come on here worshipping at the altar of Ged and saying he was the next saviour, up to not long before he was unceremoniously dumped! I don't wish him luck at all (professionally), Maybe he will do a better job at Town. He has maybe found his level in the lower division.
Till next time............................................

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 29 Sep 2007, 03:07:47 pm
He,s gone and thats it really if he does good for town all the better for them lets all look forward to the new Haven coach and the players comming onboard!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 29 Sep 2007, 04:09:06 pm
to have a good team you need money and plenty of it you also need good players,town have neither and with gates well below 1000 and struggling to pay tax bills i dont see were they can turn it round, with or without dave rotheram!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 29 Sep 2007, 04:39:23 pm
DR is gone long live who ever is next