HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dave Rotherham

Offline Rodderz

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
on: 26 Sep 2007, 10:40:50 am
Dave Rotherham announced today as Towns new Coach.
All the best to you and your family Dave for the future.

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2007, 05:54:58 pm
Good luck Dave,

hope you can bring them lot upto NL1 standard so we can have 6 easy points

Monte

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2007, 06:08:38 pm
Good luck Dave.

It would be great to see them promoted, if only to get proper derbies going again. ;D

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2007, 07:00:18 pm
Good luck Dave  ;D

ANZAC

Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2007, 07:50:51 pm
All the best at Town Dave.  Still think you had a very raw deal.  Hopt you turn Town around it would be good for West Cumbria RL 

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2007, 08:16:54 pm
You showed you had the class of a true gentleman, you are probably better well out of it all at haven at the moment. Many of us know you were poorly supported and deserved better than you got.

Really hope to see you bring increased success to Town for your own peace of mind and he betterment of West Cumbrian rugby.

All the best
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2007, 08:18:28 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline Redrose

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2007, 10:34:17 am
There doesn't seem to many here who realise how royally unsupported and undermined DR was.

He did a good job in trying - nay, impossible - circumstances; and his treatment is indicative that Haven may had had its last hurrah!

That he has kept his own counsel on the affair is testament to his professionalism and, all things being equal, he will do a cracking job for Town.

Let the exodus begin!

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2007, 11:16:31 am
Here here, Well said.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2007, 05:06:15 pm
Good luck dave  ;D

hope the workington fans like ya lol 
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2007, 07:59:05 pm
It doesn't seem that long ago since the Town supporters were populating this site with derisory comments about  Rotheram, and his (lack of) tactics after our (deserved) hammering in the final! Fast forward a few months and he is now going to turn things round at DP! He has acted with indecent haste moving to Town and I wonder if their board haven't thought this through. So much for all the established coaches queuing up for the Town job, and they chose a guy who has set back Haven 2 years, undoing all the good work previously done by his predecessors. We lost 8 league games and didn't pick up a single point against our two nearest rivals, and threw away other chances that should have secured us easy 3rd spot.
If there is an exodus from Havento join him, then so be it! I can't imagine who will follow him to Town but anyone who's ambition it is to drop down a division, then do we really want them anyway! I thought we were a club with ambition and SL aspirations, so lets prove it and appoint somebody who will move us forward.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:02:52 pm
well said marra  ;)

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:13:28 pm
COULD'NT AV SAID IT BETTER MYSELF
             WELL SAID
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:24:35 pm
It doesn't seem that long ago since the Town supporters were populating this site with derisory comments about  Rotheram, and his (lack of) tactics after our (deserved) hammering in the final! Fast forward a few months and he is now going to turn things round at DP! He has acted with indecent haste moving to Town and I wonder if their board haven't thought this through. So much for all the established coaches queuing up for the Town job, and they chose a guy who has set back Haven 2 years, undoing all the good work previously done by his predecessors. We lost 8 league games and didn't pick up a single point against our two nearest rivals, and threw away other chances that should have secured us easy 3rd spot.
If there is an exodus from Havento join him, then so be it! I can't imagine who will follow him to Town but anyone who's ambition it is to drop down a division, then do we really want them anyway! I thought we were a club with ambition and SL aspirations, so lets prove it and appoint somebody who will move us forward.

at long last!!!!
i was begining to think there was only me and jameater who could see DITHERHAM for what he really was at haven, ie a failure,
everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and fair play to those who think he has been treated harshly, thats their opinion, but as i have proved already on this website with cold hard FACTS, DITHERHAM has taken us backwards, not only in the style of play, but with the FACT that he has not reached the GF on 2 occasions, indeed this season he hasnt even managed to get us to the final eliminator match!
as you say parton marra, anyone who wants to leave haven and join him in NL2 obviously has no ambition in RL, and we are well shot of them,

those of you feeling sorry for him remember, he was told on a monday night he wasnt getting his contract renewed, this was after town had announced they had 3 candidates left for the position of coach, so my maths works out either DITHERHAM has applied for the job real late< i dont think so> or he had already applied for it before being told of his future at haven,

so, that being the most likely case, what difference is there in him going behind our backs, and alledged directors going behind his back to try and get james lowes?

i'll tell you NONE!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #13 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:45:42 pm

at long last!!!!

Big Mac,

i was begining to think there was only me and jameater who could see DITHERHAM for what he really was at haven, ie a failure,
everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and fair play to those who think he has been treated harshly, thats their opinion, but as i have proved already on this website with cold hard FACTS, DITHERHAM has taken us backwards, not only in the style of play, but with the FACT that he has not reached the GF on 2 occasions, indeed this season he hasnt even managed to get us to the final eliminator match!
as you say parton marra, anyone who wants to leave haven and join him in NL2 obviously has no ambition in RL, and we are well shot of them,

those of you feeling sorry for him remember, he was told on a monday night he wasnt getting his contract renewed, this was after town had announced they had 3 candidates left for the position of coach, so my maths works out either DITHERHAM has applied for the job real late< i dont think so> or he had already applied for it before being told of his future at haven,

so, that being the most likely case, what difference is there in him going behind our backs, and alledged directors going behind his back to try and get james lowes?

i'll tell you NONE!!

Yet again a post about wishing Dave all the best about his new job has been hijacked by people slating the man after he has left the club.

I suggest now you vent your anger against certain member's of the BOD, who are signing players without a coach been in place first. now thats stupidity

Monte

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 27 Sep 2007, 08:49:31 pm
If there good players its all good we cant leave it too late up heer, dont forget we hada coach and got baldrick surely no one can be a worse sign than that lol ;D