HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

THAT world cup thing

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 20 Oct 2007, 11:43:06 am
i see in one of todays papers that in 5 world cup finals there has been a mouthwatering total of 9 tries scored!!!! :o :o :o :o

i bet billy webb ellis is turning in his grave at the thought of what the egg chasers have done to his game!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2007, 11:09:36 pm
Yeti.

Did you watch the game ? We watched Hitcher, 28 weeks later drank 3 bottles of wine and refused to watch kick and clap, it is like watching paint dry rugby onion

Monte

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2007, 12:05:37 pm
i watched the second half last night and they must have put the ball in the scrum about 5 times only for england to kick as soon as they got it !!! :o that was the first time id watched a RU game and i can safely say i won't bne watching one again its soo boring lol

rugby league forever !!! ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2007, 08:56:36 pm
Yeti.

Did you watch the game ? We watched Hitcher, 28 weeks later drank 3 bottles of wine and refused to watch kick and clap, it is like watching paint dry rugby onion

Monte

i gave it a miss too, wasnt sure what i was going to do til i found a blister on my foot so i sat and picked at that all night, far more entertaining!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline Edda

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 23 Oct 2007, 12:42:39 am
Could all the slagging of this country's second most popular team sport be a little bit of envy that England Rugby Union not only won the World Cup four years ago but managed to win through to this year's final against all odds (beating the Aussies on the way!), something the England Rugby League team will not manage in my lifetime.

I have played both codes and watch both with differing appreciation of the skill sets required of all involved.

Remember over 10 times more people play, watch and appreciate the game of Union; we can't all be wrong!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 23 Oct 2007, 01:21:57 am
nobody is saying people who watch rugby union are wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however just because more people play it or watch it doesnt make it a better sport, take football for example, the most widely played and watched sport in the world, doesnt mean its a better game, it certainly isnt in my eyes anyway!

as for being envious of the england rugby union team, absolutely no way, remember as i said in a previous post, billy webb ellis picked the ball up and put it down over the line, not kicked it over the bar

even tony roche,HUGE egg chaser from The Sun, has had to try to bum the game up last week,changing his opinion of wanting to see exciting flowing try scoring rugby, to being happy with england boring and kicking teams to death in order to win!

sorry edda, but RU aint for me marra
the reverand, big mac

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2007, 08:56:56 am
narr not for me either marra, kick n run like stink aint for me give me rugby league hard and raw any day ;D

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2007, 10:46:40 am

even tony roche,HUGE egg chaser from The Sun, has had to try to bum the game up last week,changing his opinion of wanting to see exciting flowing try scoring rugby, to being happy with england boring and kicking teams to death in order to win!

sorry edda, but RU aint for me marra
[/quote]#
According to the Daily Mail today the RFU are changing some rules to encourage more tries and less penalty kicks thereby making RUgger a better spectacle for the speccies!!!!
Hang on, isn't there already a MUCH better way for speccies to watch less penalties and see more tries?
Yes, it's called Rugby League!
Bet that'll have the Brigadier-Generals and Flying Officer Kites' not to mention the Barrington-Smyths' and Perry Freshwaters' spitting out their G&T's and Bolly's.
Have to agree with me big mucker Mac, however, everyone to their own.
El Tel.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2007, 02:41:49 pm
Just think its a good idea to have a thread regarding that world cup in the 'Non-Rugby Discussions'  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2007, 05:59:40 pm
Just think its a good idea to have a thread regarding that world cup in the 'Non-Rugby Discussions'  ;D ;D ;D ;D

well thanks, that one was my touch of genius!! ;)
the reverand, big mac