HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Halfbacks & Loose Forward

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:08:01 am
There seems to be an automatic conception on the threads that Carl Rudd will move to loose forward now Haven have signed Liam Finch.

However, I think the more likely scenerio is that we will see Finch playing at 7 next year, with Rudd at 6 (wearing 13) and Joe at 13 (wearing 6).

After the performance of Rudd in our last 2 games, he is a shoe-in at Stand-Off.

My opinion is that Finch has been signed to replace Duffy.

Reckon Duffy is definately leaving as the travelling is now too much for him with a young family. Don't think Duffy has signed for anyone yet, he is being touted round Salford/Castleford/Widnes/Leigh/Halifax. Don't think he will make his final decision until we know who is promoted. Think if Castleford don't go up he'll sign for them, if not probably Salford.

ANZAC

Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2007, 01:21:54 pm
If we lose Duffy we will need a better scrum half than Finch.  I think Rudd should be stand off but he will need a good partner if Duffy goes.  Finch was a directors signing and it looks like it to be honest I dont see how Finch fits in to be honest.  Rudd is a better stand off 17 trys in NL1 as opposed to 13 in NL2.  Rudd can score and create where as according to his coach at Barrow Finch is just a runner.  Maybe a winger?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2007, 01:37:45 pm
look at rudd in the last 2 games

leigh

set up and scored 2

fax

set 2 and scored 1
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2007, 08:25:24 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2007, 07:00:28 pm
Oh look, the same negativity on this post too!!!!!

Yet another new player being criticised before he has even played a game!!!!

God its tedious!!!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2007, 07:14:50 pm
well said tet.give the lads a chance.

ANZAC

Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2007, 07:39:30 pm
Not critising Finch so much more the BOD they said they wanted a change of direction.  its fair to assume they ment in a better direction than we are going at the moment.

So far weve lost Seeds, Lester , Trindall, Maiden, Duffy and A Smith

and recruited two blokes who may be honest decent players but are not as good as the ones we have lost.  Therefore to my mind the diorection the BOD are taking is WRONG>

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2007, 08:26:27 pm
Not critising Finch so much more the BOD they said they wanted a change of direction.  its fair to assume they ment in a better direction than we are going at the moment.

So far weve lost Seeds, Lester , Trindall, Maiden, Duffy and A Smith

and recruited two blokes who may be honest decent players but are not as good as the ones we have lost.  Therefore to my mind the diorection the BOD are taking is WRONG>

and you know edmundson isnt as good as we have got how?????
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:32:46 pm
IM humble O, ........Duffers has been by far the best of the three scrum halves we have had over recent years (Obs and Penny) ... because he's all go, tackles like a loose foreward, scores, sets things up, never stops trying, works his socks off, carries a bit more impact (weight) than other scrom halves AND is basically class.

If he goes we are in trouble next year ..... mark my words !!!

With Steve M going ........and if Duffers go too the guess we can expect Rob Jackson to take the exit too....... coach gone, Smith gone Steve T retired, Seeds too, Lester and maybe Fats !!!!!!

Looks more and more shambolic to me the more I think about it.

And still we're going to invest money in two new stands when we can't even fill the one we've got .... beggers belief doesn't it ?

Or am I missing something important ????

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2007, 09:33:16 pm
has duffy defo gone!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2007, 10:33:49 pm
steve t going to town for 1 last year me thinks

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:31:31 pm
Well after the halfiax match last week i was told by 2 people 1 of them who has a lot of contacts at whitehaven that duffy was not going anywhere!

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:37:15 pm
More doom and gloom!!!!

Season 07 only finished five days ago!!!
Season 08 is several months away!!!

Unless a time machine has been invented recently, which I don't think it has, how can anybody make judgements about next year at this stage. For god sake give people a chance. If next year comes and the club are in a shambolic state then and only then can we complain. It has to be said that most of this doom and gloom has risen due to the closing of a great period in the clubs history. We have tasted success over recent years that we have so rarely recieved in years gone by, however reality now needs to dawn. We are a small club in many ways (ground, fan base, finances, etc) and all good things come to an end. The era of Lester, Seeds, Fats, Joe et al is over. The club needs to go back to the drawing board and construct a new future for itself. This new future could develop over the next three months, however it could take 3 years. The future of rugby league (that bloody franchise idea) will also have a great impact on the future direction of the club. But one thing is for sure, negativity, rumours, moaning and complaining from the fans (Or maybe so called fans) WILL move the club backwards. The one thing I ask is that regardless of what happens over the close season we just give people a chance. The coming months/years could be diificult in comparison to the past five (our expectations have risen) but lets get real, its a new dawn and all clubs have their ups and downs of which there have been so many examples over the past ten years (Salford, Huddersfield, Widnes, Leigh, Castleford, Halifax and a little closer to home didn't Town start in Super League in its first year when we were in the wilderness). Lets look to the future!!!!

Haven till I Die  :)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2007, 11:47:26 pm
Excellent post Chorley Blue and Gold.     I cannot fathom out how people can say this period in a clubs history was better than another as there are so many factors to take into consideration.     Is Gary Broadbent a better full-back than JJ McKeown was???      Was Haven's 2005 team better than the 2004 team???   These are all matters of opinion and even when people say they are stating facts there are hundreds of different factors, down to the bounce of a ball, that can change a game, a result, a season>

Next season is another day and until we all know who is playing for who then all we the fans can do is try to be positive for our teams and look forward with hope once again.    It doesn't always happen but that's one thing about hope   -   it is always there it never goes away.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 29 Sep 2007, 07:53:50 am
im looking forward to next season a new coach, new players 2008 bring it on !!!

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2007, 11:21:53 am
I can't see duffy leaving and the two players we have brought in i think will do a good job, i think finch will bring a bit more pace, flair and skill to the team as for Edmundson i can't say as i haven't seen him play but they are in no way bad signings.