HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

next seasons squad

Monte2carlo

Reply #30 on: 30 Sep 2007, 11:57:27 am
Newton i think you will find eilbeck did not fail he was our best centre this season until he was dropped through no fault of his own it was rotherham playing his travelling players so i don't see how you can say eilbeck has failed.

Eilbeck was our worst centre by a mile this season. MacAvoy and Jackson should be our starting centre's unless Eilbeck can put 2 stone of muscle and keep his speed he will always be a squad player

M

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 30 Sep 2007, 12:37:04 pm
Newton i think you will find eilbeck did not fail he was our best centre this season until he was dropped through no fault of his own it was rotherham playing his travelling players so i don't see how you can say eilbeck has failed.

Eilbeck was our worst centre by a mile this season. MacAvoy and Jackson should be our starting centre's unless Eilbeck can put 2 stone of muscle and keep his speed he will always be a squad player

M

you've got very high expectations havent  you M. I dont think its all as easy as putting 2 stone on.

Monte2carlo

Reply #32 on: 30 Sep 2007, 12:44:41 pm

M

you've got very high expectations havent  you M. I dont think its all as easy as putting 2 stone on.

Well watch some of our games when he has been playing centre on DVD it is on his side that most of the tries are scored. Not high expectations just the truth.

Monte

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 30 Sep 2007, 01:57:02 pm
Absolutely right, its that side where we conceded most trys mainly when Rob Jackson has been playing there !

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 30 Sep 2007, 01:59:25 pm
its all ways the wath brow players that get knocked derrie calvert matty (start of the season) flapper hmmm abit biaste soime of you me thinks and derrie i think was outstanding this season at least he knows when to pass a ball thats why scott mcavoy isnt a centre he will not pass to greedy

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 30 Sep 2007, 06:06:25 pm
very true haven hora and matty has been a work horse this season, the brow has been an asset to this club not just kells.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 30 Sep 2007, 09:19:20 pm
its all ways the wath brow players that get knocked derrie calvert matty (start of the season) flapper hmmm abit biaste soime of you me thinks and derrie i think was outstanding this season at least he knows when to pass a ball thats why scott mcavoy isnt a centre he will not pass to greedy

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter one jot which club players used to play for. The fans should get behind any player who puts on a Haven shirt. There's been too much berating of our own players during games this season. It's never going to make them play any better.

What really matters is everyone is together to send Haven back in a forwards direction and this won't happen while the club is as divided as it seems at this current moment in time.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 01 Oct 2007, 09:59:59 am

At the end of the day, it shouldn't matter one jot which club players used to play for. The fans should get behind any player who puts on a Haven shirt. There's been too much berating of our own players during games this season. It's never going to make them play any better.

What really matters is everyone is together to send Haven back in a forwards direction and this won't happen while the club is as divided as it seems at this current moment in time.

very true mate i agree. we should be debating who our line up woul be tho and on players but not in a way that we rip them apart in critersise them