HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Did Des give the game away in his interview?

Guest · 5 · 680

ANZAC

on: 30 Sep 2007, 06:15:27 pm
Some intersting comments.  travelling player to much trouble.  Does that confirm no more Duffy and Jackson.  Also he acknowledged we couldn't get the sort of players cas celtice etc attract.

The new direction of the club is becoming clearer all the time.  As things stand we will do well yto stay in NL1 next year forget winning it.

People need to understand that any amature who is going tobe anygood in NL! basically comes straight in and performs.  I.e Rudd Mattinson calvert MCavoy.  The idea three or four of the Accadammey are gointo first team players next year is just not going to happen.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2007, 06:54:47 pm

The new direction of the club is becoming clearer all the time.  As things stand we will do well yto stay in NL1 next year forget winning it.

More doom and gloom from ANZAC!!!!!!! :'(

justonelilpoint

Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2007, 06:56:19 pm
was just going say that.... :)

Is he Private Fraser off Dads army ?
"we're all doomed"

;D

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2007, 06:59:54 pm
I think he is !!!!!!!

Funny post   :D
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2007, 08:40:56 pm by Chorley Blue and Gold »

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2007, 07:57:32 pm
As the instigator of a parallel thread to this one

'Just where are we going please BOD'
I was pleased to hear Des's comments on the radio this afternoon  and felt he talked a lot of sense. He didn't cover everything I had hoped he would, but he was certainly honest and as open as he could be on the subjects he did cover.

I don't feel over concerned about anything he said, and he and the BOD need our support as we move into a new (and certainly more challenging) era for the club.

We need new and fresh thinking about how this club can be run and  what we can realistically achieve, given our finances, loaction and potential to maintain competative playing standards. I think Des tried to do this.

I hope we can get a good coach who fully appreciates the issues behind West Cumbrian rugby, who can  work with the board and who can bring on local talent while finding some new experience to give the team some added flair.

Good on ya Des, just need more clarity on some of the other issues now !!

« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2007, 07:59:44 pm by cbandg01 »