HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

rfl has a sense of humour

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 01 Oct 2007, 09:55:01 am
well they must have!!!

just read in todays RL Express that the nominations for NL ref of the year are............

Gareth Hewer

Dave Merrcik...............

and..................................

jamie bloody leahy!!! :o :o :o

they couldnt could they? i mean honestly could they actually consider that clown as ref of the year!?!?!?

of the 3 i would think Gareth has probably been the best, from games he's done on sky he has gotten a lot of praise, certainly something which that clown hasnt got!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2007, 10:04:20 am
If he wins he might get fast-tracked into SL. Leahy for super league (please get him out of our way), the campaign starts here.  ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2007, 10:44:41 am
aye, never thought of it that way!!!

vote leahy!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2007, 11:03:56 am
I seem to remember Leahy doing one or two SL games last season (not the one gone). He was so bad that coaches complained about him and he was sent back to the NL's. Strange that because when we complain the RFL just ignore us!!!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2007, 06:45:02 pm
Hewer  for  me.  Not  because  I'm  biased  and  he's  a  whitehaven  lad but  because  whenever  I've  seen  him  on  the  box  he's  always  had  a  good  game.  He's  one  of  them  refs  who  doesn't  need  a  video  ref  for  every  try  and  keeps  a  lid  on  things  especially  when  he  took  charge of  Leigh  and  Widnes. Potentially  a  very  explosive  game  but  it  passed  with  no  incident  and  from  then  on  Hewer's  put  in  some  consistant  Refereeing  performances.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2007, 06:56:27 pm
thort he was from disington

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 02 Oct 2007, 06:33:47 am
Hewer has been the best NL referee this season