HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

hewer and johnson go

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 01 Oct 2007, 03:15:57 pm
as reads on the front page both off to town with rotherham

i rate hewer good academey coach and ready to make the step up to No2, pity it wasnt at haven think he could have done a job for us at No2, think a few academey guys will be making the trip to town now hewer has gone
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2007, 03:50:18 pm
if they want to go to town let them,

it will just show their ambition as RL players if they go to town after the way some of them were, alledgedly, treated by DITHERHAM.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 01 Oct 2007, 03:53:06 pm
If they want to go let them its there loss.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2007, 06:37:50 pm
In their respective current positions why would a positive thinking player want to move to Town instead of staying at Haven. In terms of career progression at the moment it would be completely backwards.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2007, 07:06:11 pm
you are failing to see town are turning the corner and are going to be a different team for next season, so them joining town isnt that much of a step backwards. i'm not saying they are going to be better than haven but there is major changes underway at town.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2007, 07:24:11 pm

i rate hewer good academey coach and ready to make the step up to No2, pity it wasnt at haven think he could have done a job for us at No2, think a few academey guys will be making the trip to town now hewer has gone

Not really bothered about the loss, but dont forget the more DR takes with him, the more unrest it will cause at Town.

Ashe and Barker were doing that job , does that mean there is no job for the 2 blokes who really turned Towns saeson around.

Could be interesting to see what plans Dr as for them.

TW

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #6 on: 01 Oct 2007, 07:33:39 pm

Not really bothered about the loss, but dont forget the more DR takes with him, the more unrest it will cause at Town.

Ashe and Barker were doing that job , does that mean there is no job for the 2 blokes who really turned Towns saeson around.

Fair point but GH will be a big miss. A current GB  under 16 coach and now up the road

TW
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 01 Oct 2007, 09:30:35 pm

i rate hewer good academy coach and ready to make the step up to No2, pity it wasn't at haven think he could have done a job for us at No2, think a few academy guys will be making the trip to town now hewer has gone

Not really bothered about the loss, but dint forget the more DR takes with him, the more unrest it will cause at Town.

Ashe and Barker were doing that job , does that mean there is no job for the 2 blokes who really turned Towns season around.

TW
Not fussed about Gary Hewer going.  Well we should be.  Maybe people dont realise just how much he is involved in the Scholarship and academy set up.  He is also involved in the england coaching set up so he obviously has the right qualities.  Believe me he will be harder to replace than the first team coach.  You will always get a coach but people like Gary don't come along on every bus.  Big loss if you ask me.

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2007, 10:06:43 pm
I see you are not backing Rotherham now Champ.

ANZAC

Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2007, 11:58:49 pm
No but Hewer put a hell of a l;ot of effort in.  There are to many people abiling out of the club almost on a daily basis.  Strikes me if DR was really the problem why so many are keen to move on still now he has left?   

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 02 Oct 2007, 12:08:20 pm
Gary Hewer is definately not joining Worky, staying at the Recre with a wider role and going on the payroll rather than voluntary.

Well done BOD for keeping Gary on board, he is vital to the continued development of the club and bringing through the Academy lads.

Nice to hear position news coming out.

Don't know the situation with the conditioner, Matthew Johnson though. Hopefully we will get an update from the BOD either way.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2007, 01:25:03 pm
From www.whitehavenrl.co.uk

Great News!

New RL Elite Performance and Player Development Manager
02 Oct 2007 -
Whitehaven RLFC have today announced the appointment of Gary Hewer as RL Elite Performance and Player Development Manager. Gary has signed a two year contract with the club for this new role which encompasses parts of his previous voluntary role within the club.

Gary has worked hard over the last five years on the Scholarships and Academy and as the clubs Player Performace Manager. Our Scholarships are held in high regard and last season he coached the Senior Academy to a play off place with what was in the main an Under 21 team.

This new role enables Gary to build on the successes of the last five years and establish an Elite Performance Pathway for Scholarship and Academy Player Development. He will also help provide a professional environment of performance and excellence for school, junior and academy age Rugby League players in the area, creating and maintaining a clear level of progression where talented players can progress into representative squads linked closely with Whitehaven RLFC and the Service Area structures.
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2007, 01:39:41 pm
See haven website.

Just shows Kinghams Mullet doesn't  actually know much about whats really going on at haven.

More tosh about what's really going on I suggest.

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #13 on: 02 Oct 2007, 02:00:26 pm
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 02 Oct 2007, 02:01:33 pm
See haven website.

Just shows Kinghams Mullet doesn't  actually know much about whats really going on at haven.

More tosh about what's really going on I suggest.

well it was on this site yesterday in the news section that he and jono were off to town about 2 hrs later the article had been removed

http://www.whitehavenrl.co.uk/fullnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1191245401&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

this wa the link

so dont have a go at me if some one running the site put somthing on they shouldnt have
THE MULLET IS BACK