HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Peter Cameroux

Guest · 11 · 1086

ANZAC

on: 25 Sep 2007, 01:15:56 pm
People have suggested he may be the new coach.  he is currently coach of Belerose in the Jim Beam Cup.  they finsihed mid table last year.

Jim Beam cup for anyone who dosent know is the third teir competion in NSW behind the NRL , Permier League and then Jim Beam.  It is probably about the equivalent of National Conference / NL2 over here.

What do people think?

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2007, 01:55:37 pm
He is not even coaching at the same level as Kells..They have got to be kidding if its him!

I think we shouldn't even give him a chance even before he's started, like the person quoted above who seems to have just appeared on the message board lately intent on just trouble making and stirring things up. I've got to ask because of what you post, are you really a Haven supporter or just on here to try and cause unrest, most of your posts are anti something or other and you dont seem to take ANY positives whatsoever about the club, is your bedroom done out in blue and white by any chance?

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2007, 02:15:03 pm
I have to angree  with recre that most of ANZACS post are negative but then again... things are pretty negative at the moment (i'm sitting on the  fence!)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2007, 02:18:17 pm
People have suggested he may be the new coach.  he is currently coach of Belerose in the Jim Beam Cup.  they finsihed mid table last year.

Jim Beam cup for anyone who dosent know is the third teir competion in NSW behind the NRL , Permier League and then Jim Beam.  It is probably about the equivalent of National Conference / NL2 over here.

What do people think?

At what level did Paul Cullen coach before he came to Haven, he didnt. He played at the highest level, as did Peter Camroux with Balmain Tigers.

And PC didnt do a bad job, if my memory serves me right.

TW

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2007, 02:43:22 pm
Rumours, Rumours and More Rumours!!!!!!!!!

Why don't we all wait and see what happens.

Also when a coach is brought in he should be given the FULL backing of ALL those connected with the club in any way. To even consider getting on someones back because of his history, whether it be good or bad is a disgrace.

Lets wait and see  :)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2007, 02:53:52 pm
Its not what he has done its what he can do for our club so lets get behind the next coach whoever he is.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 25 Sep 2007, 03:26:59 pm
Its not what he has done its what he can do for our club so lets get behind the next coach whoever he is.

Exactly, the whole point about being a SUPPORTER is to support, not run down at every oportunity like has happened on this forum for the past few weeks, we are now into the close season and we'll have rumour after rumour. Whats the point in petty arguments when we dont know who will arrive and how they'll actually do. As you correctly say, lets get behind him and offer our support, give whoever it is every available option to have a chance of being a success. Some people would rather criticise others and be totally negative, dont let them get away with what is effectively running down our club, if a supporter from a different club came onto this forum and slagged off Haven they'd be shot down in flames. Why then should we let people who claim to be Haven supporters away with the same thing.

justonelilpoint

Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2007, 07:31:19 pm
Peter Cameroux may very well be with Belrose now, But for past number of years he's been at Balmain Tigers, which is Wests second string after the two clubs merged. He coached players like Andy Henderson, Scot Prince and the greek Aussie now at Huddersfield.Just because he'd dropped down 1 level don't mean he's a bad coach.....then again DR's possible doing that, so form your own opinion   ;D

ANZAC

Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2007, 07:53:26 pm
Fair enough it says he spent 9 seasons on teh balain Tigers coaching staff.

Maybe he is upto the job.  AT least we  could assume he could bring over 3-4 decent Aussies although I think they would have to be a higher stanard than the J B cup.

Interestingly Malingy Styles was one of his players all be it he was a winger and / centre back then.

If he could find four fringe first grade players like Tandy / Trinder or Styles Obst etc I would take him as coach whether he could coach or not. 

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2007, 08:22:29 pm
As plenty have stated, you've got to give the new coach a chance, whoever he may be.
It's no good getting on his back before he's started or even after the first couple of games.
There's likely to be a big change of personnel in the first team and any new signings will need time to gel.
It'll also take the team time to get used to passing the ball again...... ;)

Remember Paul Cullen lost his first 5 or 6 games, but most would welcome him back with open arms.

What we need most at this time is unity from the fans and try to get the so-called stay-aways back down.

ANZAC

Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2007, 08:39:42 pm
Oh and honesty from the board.  If we are on a reduced palyer budget they should tell us and not hold us out for lemons.