HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Just where are we going please BOD

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 01 Oct 2007, 02:23:54 pm
Also, if the average takings are ?10 per head then that only equates to ?8.50 to the club as the admission fee includes VAT, so there's ?3k of your ?20k gone already.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 01 Oct 2007, 06:36:53 pm
Everyone's  slagging  the  BOD off  but  lets  face  it  they  made  a brave  decision  to  part  with  Rotherham.  For  me  panics  starting  to  set  in  with  quite  a  few  fans  but  once  a  coach  is  announced  then  I'm  sure they'll  be  more  positive  news  forthcoming.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 01 Oct 2007, 07:02:18 pm
Well said marra who ever wants to go let them and lets get a new coach and some players that respect the Haven badge.

Monte2carlo

Reply #18 on: 01 Oct 2007, 08:12:42 pm
Is the new coach to be annouced this week, or is it interviews for this week. I can tell you who it isn't Ged Stokes thank god, but there will be more then one coach signing for this season !

Monte

justonelilpoint

Reply #19 on: 01 Oct 2007, 08:45:24 pm
Isnt just match fees but signing on fees that players get.

Buses and accomodation and meals for away games ,Buses are at least ?500 a time!
Insurance for players
Tax ,Electric and water Bills
Chief Exec,Champs Job. and lass in office all on pay roll
as well as Doctor,Physio,U21 Coach and scholarship staff.
We made a profit couple seasons running and biggest factor in that was two grand finals
it probably enabled us to have all the travellers last season and now we need to trim costs again
We do well for a small club and punch way above our weight when we compete with likes of cas and widnes.
Unless a sugar daddy is coming in its hard to sustain that season afater season!

Most of us have followed this club for 10, 20 30 years or more, with little chance of being a big club, But we still go back year after year
Because we changed our coach and lost a few players alarm bells are ringing all over place with some people.
Back in early 60's club lost 7 huge name players in one season, Players like Phil Kitchen, Bill Hilliday,Alan Burns
The club survived and we carried on
God knows what messages boards would have looked like back then when they all left !! :o

Give the BOD a chance im sure they working hard to appoint a coach, re-sign players and sign new ones
See where we are in few months time and judge then

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 02 Oct 2007, 08:51:32 am
I tried to think about what out goings the club would have on a regualr basis that people dont see or just dont think about. I've come up with a few but sure it wouldn't be a complete list, just thoughts I could have missed some out, if you could add to it.

Players wages (obviously everyone knows about these)
Tax Man (coneniently forgot about at times)
Coaches wages (Again forgot about but would think he's one of the highest earners)
Physio (A must)
Club Doctor (A must)
Stewards/Policing (A must)
Entertainment
Announcer
Academy wages
Time keeper
Officials travel expenses (Unsure about this but theres also a commisionaire and reserve ref)
Travelling players expenses (not just match days but also for training)
Insurances (For players and ground I would think)
I haven't mentioned any full time staff or utility bills
Groundstaff to clean up once everyone has gone
Strips to buy and launder

On away games theres also a bus to pay for meals etc

Like I say I dont know the ins and outs of the day to day running of the club but there is absolutely no way we could survive on gate receipts alone. I would think theres a lot of hard work going on behind the scenes to get funding and sponsorship in place just to keep our head above water. Sorry if I've missed anything out and I would think anyone can see that finances are a difficult thing to keep within budget and yet we are one of the few teams who are in the black.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 02 Oct 2007, 06:43:00 pm
Have to say that re-building the ground & providing decent facilities is not purely about gaining membership of the new franchised Super League. Its about making the Rec a decent venue for fans from Whitehaven or our visitors. Anyone who has visited other grounds this season will realise that our facilities are firmly in the 1950/60's and are simply not good enough whether we are playing in NL2, 1 or S/League. If we had a decent ground with good facilities the gates would have been bigger this season. You can also get revenue from renting out the ground for other sporting or non sporting activities. IMO we should be looking at turning the Rec into a community facility, for RL RU Football etc. That way you would gain access to all sorts of other funding from the Goverment, FA etc .......... You only have to look at the cash that has been made available for Copeland Stadium & Whitehaven Amateurs to see that is the best way forward. The Rugby League won't help they are to busy pouring money into London, Perpignon and South Wales.

Look at Batley small club, small crowds far better facilities than we have ! How do they do it ??

Batley know how to tap into the grant system

Where their ground is situated qualifies for a lot of additional funding