HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 13 Oct 2007, 10:28:02 pm
There's  no  way  they'll  keep  within  the  salary  cap  with  the  squad  there  assembling.

Problem  lies  with  the  powers  that  be.  Will  the  RFL  scrutinise  what  spending  goes  on  at  Celts  or  will  they  turn  a  blind  eye  to  everything  as  they  want  them  in  SL  anyhow.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2007, 09:58:38 pm
Don't know why your all going on about salary caps .... we've got our own at Whitehaven ...... it's called lack of support !!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 16 Oct 2007, 12:56:57 pm
what difference does it really make if celtic break the salary cap?

they'll get deducted points, maybe a small fine, who knows?

but at the end of the day, IF, as most people seem to think, they win one of the franchises for 2009, it wont make a **** of difference what they do next season
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 16 Oct 2007, 02:08:43 pm
And i bet one or two will be up to it this season and next  :-\

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:48:15 pm
Looked at who other clubs including Celtic have signed and try to reconcile that with the NL1 salary cap

Leigh & Halifax seem to be signing everyone that's ever played RL

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 17 Oct 2007, 09:26:40 am
the one good thing is that for next season the salary cap investigations are "live" ie, they will be taking place all season so anyone who breaks the cap can be  punished straight away, or so we are led to believe!!

i wonder if say celtic are 3 pts off bottom place with 2 games to go and are found to have breached the salary cap, will they lose 6-8 points probably just enough to relegate them back to div 2, just when the franchises are being looked into!!!

I DOUBT IT!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 17 Oct 2007, 10:35:13 am
the one good thing is that for next season the salary cap investigations are "live" ie, they will be taking place all season so anyone who breaks the cap can be  punished straight away, or so we are led to believe!!

i wonder if say celtic are 3 pts off bottom place with 2 games to go and are found to have breached the salary cap, will they lose 6-8 points probably just enough to relegate them back to div 2, just when the franchises are being looked into!!!

I DOUBT IT!!

Does not matter marra, i can show you 50 ways to break the salary cap that will never be considered a break of the cap because its impossible to connect it to the cap! Has always been the same and always will!
I can tell you ones that are being used know the league does not know about yet! Money in the future, money to wives and family and the list goes on, all untraceable and very expensive to try and trace!Nothing new to it as its been used in all fields of work!
As i have always said, it is rare that the most money, does not win!
If you do not have the same money as the big boys, passion for your side is the biggest weapon! ;D

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 17 Oct 2007, 11:24:39 am
A powerful side like Cas is the weapon marra and a sugar daddy to get you up into the super league  :D