HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New coach shortlist revealed on Radio Cumbria!!!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
On the half four sports bulletin there was a "the BBC understands" announcement with regard to the new Haven coach shortlist.  I'm not going to repeat the names on here  because they aren't names that anyone has mentioned (at least I don't think so).

None of them had the initials PC!
None of them are what I would call 'high profile' as stated in one of the RL weekly papers.

The BBC rarely broadcasts anything unless it believes it to be cold hard fact, so what the h*ll is going on????

Des said in his interview that all applications were addressed directly to him and for his eyes only, which I thought was a strange way to go about things.  I suspect by now that the applicants have been discusssed by the BOD members, so just who has leaked the shortlist??

Or is this an attempt to weed out a club mole????
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2007, 04:58:05 pm
WIGAN ASSISTANT? OR SOMETHING TO DO WITH WIGAN. AUSSIE CALLED BARNES.ELLIOT WHO USED TO PLAY FOR KELLS NOW AT WARRINGTON I THINK.NOT SURE WHO THE OTHER ONE WAS.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2007, 05:04:05 pm by hensingham boy »

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2007, 05:26:45 pm
Stuart Wilkinson ( Wigan acadamey had coach ) would be my choice
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2007, 09:54:57 pm
The plot thickens - see main web site - the shortlist on Radio Cumbria and in the Whitehaven News is inaccurate.......I smell a rat on board the ship!!!!

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 03 Oct 2007, 10:16:40 pm
I hope that the mole is caught, skinned and strung up on Haven harbour!!!!!

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 03 Oct 2007, 10:19:58 pm
It sounds fishy to me. They wouldn't say who's on the short list until a new coach is appointed.  :-\ :-\

ANZAC

Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2007, 11:59:24 pm
ANZAC has gone.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 04 Oct 2007, 04:51:42 pm
ANZAC has gone.

Does Anzac mean he's topping himself?
Is this a coded message?

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 04 Oct 2007, 05:55:57 pm
By looking at another post maybe ANZAC could become a Barrow fan instead?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 05 Oct 2007, 09:21:51 am
according to our chairman, and the official website none of the 4 mentioned are on the shortlist, if this is the case surely haven should be suing radio cumbria and the whitehaven news for libel?

thats asuming, of course, the shortlist isnt true! ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 05 Oct 2007, 04:48:06 pm
Both Radio Cumbria and the Haven News used the phrase 'we understand' which allows them to say pretty much anything they like. 

Don't have a go at the media, we should be having a go at the person who supplied the list to them - IMO they wouldn't have broadcast or printed the list if they didn't believe it to be true and from a reliable source!!!

All Des has said is that the list is inaccurate, not that the four names aren't on it, in fact what the website says is that at the time the names where announced, the shortlist hadn't been decided.

I'm sure in a subsequent radio interview, Des said ONE of the names hasn't even applied.
« Last Edit: 05 Oct 2007, 04:52:02 pm by Jaypeet »

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 05 Oct 2007, 06:04:44 pm
I've been told that if widnes lose, Steve Mc is back, if not it's Karl Harrison.
Maybe that's why nothing is being said til next week

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 05 Oct 2007, 06:38:31 pm
Yet another rumour IMO!!

Lets analyse the Ste Mac bit!!

1. Would he have filled in an application? I don't think so! (could be in SL on Sunday evening)
2. Would Haven have approached him? I don't think so!
3. Would he have approached Haven? I don't think so! (see No 1)

If he does come back it would be great, but I can't see it. With all due respect to our great club it would be a backward step in many ways for Steve. If he was sacked, then that is a different matter. But would he want to start travelling up and down the M6 again. One of his big reasons for leaving was to spend more time with his young family.

Offline Dogs

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 05 Oct 2007, 09:50:24 pm
When asked on the radio tonight about the club saying the short-list was 'inaccurate; John Cox said there were "8 names on the shortlist.... 4 surnames and 4 christian names but one name was wrong....a christian name...it's Gary Wilkinson not Stuart Wilkinson".

Apart from that, John Cox said the shortlist on RC and in the Whitehaven News is 100% correct.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2007, 10:39:24 pm
After what Cresta said on the radio tonight too, I think another name has been added.