HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Points Change proposed

Guest · 16 · 2787

Tommy43

on: 01 Nov 2006, 05:22:00 pm
RL considering new points system for NL1 & NL2 next season. 3 points for win, 2 for draw, 1 for defeat by less than 12 points.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2006, 10:08:52 pm
bad idea in my opinion
why reward a team for actuallt losing a game?

it could be a team LOSING a game could finish higher by that one point, and when you look at the game they gained the point from it turns out to have been when a top side happened to field a weakened team due to injuries etc, which wouldnt be fair on the teams who had played against their full strength side, if u understand what i'm saying!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2006, 10:28:13 am
also think its a bad idea

some teams could go out actually trying to lose if they only need a point to avoid relegation or get into the playoffs and they are playing a team near the top of the table  :o this cannot be good for the game

i think the rfl will use NL1 and 2 as guinie pigs and use this system in super league depending on how succesful it is in NL1 and 2
haven till i die

haven1985

Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2006, 05:05:04 pm
that sounds stupid >:( >:( >:(

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #4 on: 03 Nov 2006, 08:03:28 am
Why not have it the same a football? Or is that not a good idea either?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 03 Nov 2006, 09:56:42 am
i dont think they need to change it, but if they were thinking of changing it then the sensible,and perhaps, only option would be to go like footie, ie 3pts for a win 1 pt for a draw

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 03 Nov 2006, 03:56:59 pm
There was apparently another proposal, which the RL Express reported on, and that was to give 2 points to the winner of each half and 2 points to the overall winner!!!   Just what that was supposed to do to benefit the game I don't know.  I'm sure there are more important issues that the NL representatives could have spent their time discussing, such as P & R, the franchise system, building a bigger profile for the National Leagues, A new sponsor(???), etc.    They should stop tinkering with the game and get down to better administration and public relations.    This subject is the only thing to have been mentioned from a two day meeting last week in Windermere for all the National League clubs.    One would have thought we could have expected a bit more than this!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 03 Nov 2006, 06:36:20 pm
well said totally agree marra
haven till i die

Guru

Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2006, 04:23:36 pm
According to Teletext "out of the three professional clubs in Cumbria,only Workington voted in favour of the proposal",personally I didn`t even know there`d been a vote,did anyone else I wonder? ???

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2006, 07:32:45 pm
i didn't iether.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2006, 10:06:42 pm
According to Teletext "out of the three professional clubs in Cumbria,only Workington voted in favour of the proposal",personally I didn`t even know there`d been a vote,did anyone else I wonder? ???

maybe town voted that way because they might not win many games next season so this way they could get more points if it changed
haven till i die

Tommy43

Reply #11 on: 10 Jan 2007, 01:45:57 pm
RL considering new points system for NL1 & NL2 next season. 3 points for win, 2 for draw, 1 for defeat by less than 12 points.

Daft as it seems this is going to happen

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 10 Jan 2007, 03:44:39 pm
it is going to happen it was on sky news before why must the national leagues be the guinea pigs of british rugby ???
haven till i die

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 10 Jan 2007, 04:29:55 pm
this new points system is absolutely ridiculous
it should not have been changed or if it had to it should have been 3pts for win 1pt for draw
there should be no reward for losing a game,
the RFL now say 2 draws are worth more than a win!?!?!?!?!

teams now instead of going for a win late on will setlle for a point if they are losing by less than 12 points.

please somebody explain cuz i just cant see the point of any kind of reward for losing a game of rugby league!

jeepers they'll be dishing points out for winning the coin toss next, or who looks nicest in shorts!

sorry folks i think this is without doubt the RFL's biggest booboo, to date.

picture the scene, last weekend of season we beat sheffield on friday night, cas play say leigh, having already secured 1st place and rest most of their squad, leigh need 1 pt to finish above us and manage to lose by less than 12 pts<only cuz cas fielded a weakened team>
 how can something like that be fair?
the reverand, big mac

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 10 Jan 2007, 10:17:10 pm
I don't think it's a great idea, although I can see the argument that it gives a losing team something to play for e.g. if they are three scores down with twenty minutes to go. 

We'll just have to see if it's one of the RFL's better experiments, but I don't think it will be if, say, a team with fewer wins ends up in a higher position on the final table as a result of the change.