HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Who would you have as number 6?

Offline southy

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 07 Nov 2006, 09:01:47 am
For me it has to be Leroy again. He played every match, tackled his heart out, took a hell of a lot of ball and set up numerous tries with his kicks under the sticks.

A true Haven hero

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 07 Nov 2006, 02:10:13 pm
If you put leroy at six does that mean you are keeping rudd at 13?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 07 Nov 2006, 02:58:06 pm
we seen how well rudd played at six for cumbria so i would use leroy off the bench as an impact player

then sighn a new loose forward tongan big strong tongan would complete the starting 13

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 07 Nov 2006, 06:11:21 pm
Towards the end of last season things seemed to change in our team. Rudd was wearing 13 and Leroy was wearing 6 but i'm quite certain that we were playing them the other way round. Duffy and Rudd were quite clearly the playmakers and Leroy seemed to stand behind Rudd a lot and Leroy was used more for taking the ball up. I would like to see Rudd at stand off next season we've been crying out for a decent stand off for 3 years and he's certainly the best we've got at the moment. Everyone still needs to remember he's not been a pro for a massive length of time and with time he'll get better and pick up more pace and be able to attack the line a lot more. Still Leroy always gives 100% and he had a good year last year but other than a decent short kicking game he doesn't offer us that much in attack anymore.