HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Paul Crarey - New Coach ?

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #45 on: 08 Oct 2007, 07:24:15 pm
I wonder if Ste Mac will end up at Barrow??!!!!!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 08 Oct 2007, 08:09:29 pm
didnt paul cullen do that steve just wanted to spend more time with his family like any man should family comes first not rugby

Yes Paul Cullen left to better himself BUT he went to a SL club and he never raided our club of its players.
Cullen knew players he could have took but left them out of respect for the club unlike mac

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #47 on: 08 Oct 2007, 08:18:02 pm
didnt paul cullen do that steve just wanted to spend more time with his family like any man should family comes first not rugby

Yes Paul Cullen left to better himself BUT he went to a SL club and he never raided our club of its players.
Cullen knew players he could have took but left them out of respect for the club unlike mac

The players who left were MERCENAIRIES, they went for the money. I also think  none were under contract, maybe Nanyn, but Penny was a free agent, Wilkes went to Wigan, Summers also free agent. He didnt take anyone who didnt want to leave.

TW

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #48 on: 08 Oct 2007, 08:19:45 pm
How many Grand finals has s.mac been in now ::) he must have a bitter taste in his mouth now

I think hes 1 infront of us ( if you count Trains Final ) and we havent managed to win one yet either.

:(

TW

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #49 on: 08 Oct 2007, 08:35:26 pm

The big difference is that steve went to an NL1 club and cullen went to SL.. our guys were not up to SL standard ( except warren )  does that exaplin your tainted theory???
Steve did not make the guys sign, they went 4 the money just like you would
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 08 Oct 2007, 09:56:39 pm
And steve went to a fulltime team

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #51 on: 08 Oct 2007, 10:01:32 pm
steve mac is a utter profesional and all round a great person never turn a crk down just like his dad would take him back tomoorrow he is respected at haven by many people would do a awsome job for us again

ANZAC

Reply #52 on: 09 Oct 2007, 12:45:37 am
Oh well I can't say i told you so.  I don't think you 'l get confirmation of the reduction in playing budget but there is.  Duffy / Fletch out.

Bottom line is we have run into a bit of financial trouble.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #53 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:40:26 am
What proof do you have ANZAC to support any of your rumours (claims)?

Please show us!!!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:03:57 am
yes steve mac is a utter profesional and doesnt go to games to have just a crack like alot on heer think he goes to weigh the other teams up to get an advantage in there strengths but never worked on Cas and he failed fulltime Widnes again. He has the patter and people skills thats why fans liked him.

Offline Havenhack

• Academy Signing
Reply #55 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:19:35 am
Cullen went out of his way to take Calvert with him to Warrington FACT, it was only because the lad wanted to stay in West Cumbria that he didn't leave with PC.
Not that I blame him either -- if the coach of our club wouldn't sign players he thought would improve the team because he didn't want to upset his old fans we'd be pretty hacked off right?
Cullen and Steve Mac were both good coaches who did everything they could for Haven whilst they were here, but what they do once the leave has to be in the best interests of their new employers, whoever that may be, its the way of the world.
KC

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #56 on: 09 Oct 2007, 10:07:49 am
very true they both left to better there sells/family  and money but mac hasnt at widnes i wonder were he,l go now

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #57 on: 09 Oct 2007, 10:20:44 pm
Well said Havenhack, you don't get anywhere by being sentimental or 'fair' in those situations. You do the best for your current employers and if that means raiding your former club and poaching their best assets, then so be it.