HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

widnes

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 08 Oct 2007, 06:49:50 pm

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 08 Oct 2007, 06:59:28 pm
As much as i don't like widnes you wouldn't wish this on any club and i for one hope that they can get things sorted.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 08 Oct 2007, 07:29:26 pm
They thought they,d go up this season and put everything into the big push would this ruin there francise ?
saying all this it could be rumors at the min, but i can see a few off loaded

Monte2carlo

Reply #18 on: 08 Oct 2007, 10:23:17 pm
I'm sorry but if wierdness are put into a CVA, they should be stripped of the Northern Rail cup, deducted 12 points and relagated to NL2

M

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:25:33 am
I'm sorry but if wierdness are put into a CVA, they should be stripped of the Northern Rail cup, deducted 12 points and relagated to NL2

M

yeah, but who would you award the NRC to?

not us because we didnt deserve to win it anyway!!!
LOL

Windows have spent a lot of money to achieve a goal,one which they ultimately failed to achieve, if windows then go into CVA or whatever then i'm sorry they have nobody but themselves to blame.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:27:40 pm
its happend offcial statement on the web site.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:36:20 pm
If treated same as Doncaster will get 6 point deduction from start of next season.

Hope they can manage to survive

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 09 Oct 2007, 05:14:55 pm
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 09 Oct 2007, 05:22:07 pm

M

Why????      Widnes as of this moment have not breached the salary cap they have merely gone into administration, the penalty for which is a deduction of 6 points from the start of next season.    It may come out later that they may have breached the salary cap but until then they should only get the punishment that anyone else who goes into administration get.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:23:34 pm
At the risk of being labelled an arse kisser, this just shows what a good job our board do in keeping the club in the black.  It would be easy to splash money we dont have and sign every decent player that comes along. (Wilkes Nanyn Summers Penny) all went for more money.  The situation at Widnes proves that you need very good gates to be able to survive.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:29:38 pm
Good point Champ!!!

Pity a few more fans are not a little more realistic about the strengths of our club!

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:31:47 pm
WHY FLASH THE CASH NO PROMOTION
                              >:( >:( >:(
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:39:55 pm
Interesting point.  What if Steve Mac lost his job, could he be the next Barrow coach.  Now that would be surreal we lose D R to Town and gain P.C from Barrow and Barrow gain Steve Mac.  Surely not eh

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:46:04 pm
At the risk of being labelled an arse kisser, this just shows what a good job our board do in keeping the club in the black.  It would be easy to splash money we dont have and sign every decent player that comes along. (Wilkes Nanyn Summers Penny) all went for more money.  The situation at Widnes proves that you need very good gates to be able to survive.

Got to agree with that, we should be grateful that our board are prudent enough with the clubs cash and look at the bigger picture rather than throw money away. They'd soon be plenty of people on hear shouting the odds if we'd found ourselves in the same sort of situation as Widnes, they'll have to find something else to moan about for a while.

Online HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:11:10 pm
Interesting point.  What if Steve Mac lost his job, could he be the next Barrow coach.  Now that would be surreal we lose D R to Town and gain P.C from Barrow and Barrow gain Steve Mac.  Surely not eh
As a Donkeyparker put on their site--Barow should sign Ged then the merry-go-round would be complete!
El Tel.
ps Didn't PC sound encouraging on RC tonight?