HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 09 Oct 2007, 10:56:12 am
hes taken a lot of stick recently but i think some people may now see that he has been right, even if he has went about his postings in the wrong manner

hes been saying this and that are going to happen the main ones being

fletch wanting away

duffy wanting away

the club running with a reduced budget next season (about 120k i think he said)

PC our new coach (if im not mistake he said this about a week agao)

well he has been proved right on 3 out of 4 so far

fletch, the coach, and the money ( why else wold we appoint a part time coach )

interesting to see if duffy goes and what calibre of players we recruit when we get the coach in place, but so far i would say he has been pretty much bang on
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 11:06:54 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:09:40 am
He may be correct, at the same time he may be wrong. All his statements are rumour and heresay. If he turns out to be correct then fine, but does ANZAC know the full story behind everything, I think not.

If his rumours are wrong then what was the point?

If his rumours are correct then there are always two sides to every story. For example, how do we know that Fletch or Duffy don't have serious personal issues that are forcing their hand, we don't.

The way that ANZAC has posted these rumours has been seriously destabilising for the club and fans alike. In terms of cold hard facts we know very little, so why bother rocking the boat?

As for the four issues mentioned by BKM I do believe that none of them have been officially confirmed. In fact if you want to deal in hard official facts:

Fletch and Duffy will be here next year - confirmed by Des.
No new coach named.
Squad not finalised for next year.

Finally, if the club do carry out the four things highlighted by BKM then there will be a reason. Haven will survive and we will live on to fight a new day. I would rather be realistic and in the black watching Haven than bankrupt and out of business.

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:36:23 am
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 11:44:26 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:40:35 am
Where in that article does it say crarey is going to be a part time coach at whitehaven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:45:30 am
he is part time, he has a roofing business to run
THE MULLET IS BACK

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2007, 12:15:38 pm
Apologies to ANZAC re PC. I now accept that he has the job (confirmation on the club website).

This in my opinion however is good and a positive step forwards (not doom and gloom!). Regardless to what people may think of PC and what he has done at Barrow this is a new job with a clean slate. The guy has a 12 month contract to impress. after that if he is found wanting then the BOD can reassess the situation.

Yes he is part time, but I don't see what difference that makes as the players are part time as is the club. DR was full time but what did he achieve?

Many managers in all sports have either come from nothing or have gone from being perceived as an underperformer to a person who does a good job (Clive Woodward, Alex Ferguson, Steve McCormack).

P.S. Still only 25% correct on BKM issues.

As a club we should get behind PC and give him all our support.

Good luck Paul I hope it all goes well !!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 12:42:14 pm by Chorley Blue and Gold »

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2007, 12:30:58 pm

If his rumours are correct then there are always two sides to every story. For example, how do we know that Fletch or Duffy don't have serious personal issues that are forcing their hand, we don't.

Fletcher's issue is all about money.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=550568

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2007, 05:00:47 pm
Town take a step forward, We take 3 steps backwards. So who was on the shortlist, Must have been some pile of crap if we offered the job to PC without looking at the others. Shows you what the club had in mind for a new coach if we have picked a NL2 coach who was only made available a week ago.
He done a great job for Barrow. But we needed a top notch coach who had some influence to bring some ace players with him.
Bad move in my opinion. I think the BOD where in a panic with the tat they had available to them, and PC was a get out of jail free card?

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 09 Oct 2007, 05:28:37 pm
Apologies to ANZAC re PC. I now accept that he has the job (confirmation on the club website).

This in my opinion however is good and a positive step forwards (not doom and gloom!). Regardless to what people may think of PC and what he has done at Barrow this is a new job with a clean slate. The guy has a 12 month contract to impress. after that if he is found wanting then the BOD can reassess the situation.

Yes he is part time, but I don't see what difference that makes as the players are part time as is the club. DR was full time but what did he achieve?

Many managers in all sports have either come from nothing or have gone from being perceived as an underperformer to a person who does a good job (Clive Woodward, Alex Ferguson, Steve McCormack).

75%

right about crarey
right about fletcher
right about spending less money this(part time coach)
THE MULLET IS BACK

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2007, 06:37:29 pm

75%

right about crarey
right about fletcher

Fletcher wants more money, not away. Using the transfer talk as a bargaining chip.
Nobody knows about the money yet!!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2007, 06:57:46 pm
well they are abviously spending less money bringing in a part time coach and last couple of seasons signing the likes off duffy maden r.jackson a.smith fletcher leafa all with super league experience sam obst playing for a NRL team and also tandy summer joel penny and now a 2nd division player and someone from a low level NZ team
haven till i die

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:49:35 pm

75%

right about crarey
right about fletcher

Currently 1 out of 4

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 05 Nov 2007, 06:45:40 pm

75%

right about crarey
right about fletcher

Currently 1 out of 4

Currently running at 1 corect (PC, a good thing), 2 wrong (Duffy and Fletcher) and 1 partially correct it seems, however you made a quote of ?120,000 and I don't think it is this much. But I don't know, does anyone?

If the club can spend less money and achieve more then isn'y that good financial sense?

As the new team is not complete yet, never mind played a game how can we comment on whether what hashappened is wrong or not?

ANZAC

Reply #13 on: 05 Nov 2007, 09:41:28 pm
I think you will find its four out of four.

1 PC
2 Fletch wanting away - this was correct even if he stays,  he may yet go it aint sorted yet believe me.
3.?120 off the budget  as compared to going into the 2007 season that was the aim going into 2008 for example:-
Rotherhams Salary lets say ?25K, Trindalls salary ?25k, Maidens salary?7.5k,Lester?5k and Seeds?5k Salary, Smiths?7.5k Salary .  There will be other cuts also i.e the pre and post match in the bar afterwards, overnights stays for players both at away games and travelling player in Whitehaevn, petrol costs of travelling players.
4. Duffy did ask for a release and was denied.  That may be the end of it but lets wait and see

justonelilpoint

Reply #14 on: 06 Nov 2007, 09:04:54 am
Anzac, isnt it pretty simple that after we have two great seasons we can spend a bit and then after one average one you need to cut back ?
From 3 years back the gate has dropped about 400...works out at nearly ?60k the clubs losing. I honestly dont know how you expect the directors to magic this figure back to spend on players ??
If you are on here to just wind folkup, You've done your job now can you leave it alone please
If you care about the club, You'll stop your constant berating and get behind them like you apparently have done in far leaner times than this!
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2007, 09:15:04 am by justonelilpoint »