on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:35:24 am
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=551327

we didnt even interview the other 4 on the short lists,

all the best Paul i hope you prove me wrong

« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 11:48:49 am by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

ANZAC

Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:43:35 am
I notice it dosent same whether its full or part time.  I hope that having made the decison common sense prevails and the bod insist he goes full time.

I think part time would be a big step back what everthe financial attractions in this league.

On balance I am of the view subject to the above Crarey has probably shown just enough to be worth the "gamble".  On the flip side I have to be honest and say I don't see any obvious improvement on Rotherham. 

Lets forget straight away signing a load of Barrow players.  The only one i would "risk" is Liam Harrison.  No way should we be entertaining signing any of the others.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2007, 12:30:43 pm
Welcome aboard Paul, who cares what he has done in the past it is the future what counts UP THE HAVEN!

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2007, 12:51:09 pm
Lets hope we keep fletcher and duffy.

If he is no better than DR then on the fipside he is no worse and will cost a lot less.

I think whitehaven will start playing the way everyone wants them to play (i..e a more expansive game).  Whether we have the players to play that sort of game is the big question.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 09 Oct 2007, 01:07:43 pm
Taken frrom - http://www.whitehavenrl.co.uk/fullnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1191927600&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

New Coach for Haven

09 Oct 2007 - Whitehaven RLFC have appointed Paul Crarey former coach of Barrow Raiders as their new coach. The 42 year old former Haven player last night signed a twelve month contract with the club.

The club made contact with Crarey after hearing of his release from Barrow last Friday. He eventually agreed to come up to Whitehaven for an interview and impressed everyone on the interview panel with his enthusiam and passion for the game.

Paul explained his coaching philosphy which fell in with exactly what the club were looking for. He was later offered the job and took time out over the weekend to consider it with his wife before making his committment last night.

Haven Chairman Des Byrne stated, " We are delighted to welcome Paul to Whitehaven. We were very impressed by his passion and enthusiasm for the game. I had the pleasure of working with Paul with the Cumbria team last year and the fact that he will be part time makes no difference. Paul lives and breaths the job has a great passion for it and will be fully committed to the job. He will change our style of play completely. The predictability of the last few seasons will be replaced by more expansive rugby. He has  a lot of good connections in the game and is well respected througout."

Crarey has been nominated for NL 2 Coach of the Year over both seasons he has been at Barrow.

Fans will have an opportunity to meet the new coach in the J.J. McKeown bar next Monday the 15th October 2007 at 8-0pm.

A 12 month deal on a part time basis. It's probably not the deal we were expecting to be offering to the new coach, although it may just pay off. We'll just have to give him a chance and see how next season pans out.
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2007, 01:17:57 pm by Flannerz »

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 09 Oct 2007, 01:12:43 pm
I seen both games against Barrow last year and was impressed by there style of play.  If he brings this up here then we are in for some attractive rugby next season which is what we were lacking throughout this year.  Give the guy a chance I really don't see how he could be any worse than what we've just despatched to Workington.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2007, 01:14:18 pm
welcome aboard Paul lets hope the BOD get you some good players to work with

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2007, 01:56:05 pm
At least he talks a good game and if he gains respect from the young players coming up you never know!  good luck to him.

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Oct 2007, 02:43:18 pm
how long do you think it will take him to get some more players on our books?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2007, 03:15:55 pm
good luck paul lets hope you are going to be allowed to sign some players
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 09 Oct 2007, 03:38:03 pm
Well, Des and Co, you have succeeded in taking us back several decades to the days when a coach was selected because he was Cumbrian and cheap, and performances were mediocre at best. The Board may be prepared to accept mediocrity, but I, for one, am not. If this is the level of their ambitions, then I will be finding better things to do with my time on Sunday afternoons next year. I've previously been supportive of the current Board, but no longer. Move aside, and let people in who have ambition and passion!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 09 Oct 2007, 03:41:14 pm
Last season we played crap rugby so it should be an improvement there, lets just see before you knock the lad.
lets also hope he gets some good players to work with.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:04:13 pm
not long but i would bet that they will be from NL2 and the local amateur teams
haven till i die

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:05:32 pm
Well, Des and Co, you have succeeded in taking us back several decades to the days when a coach was selected because he was Cumbrian and cheap, and performances were mediocre at best. The Board may be prepared to accept mediocrity, but I, for one, am not. If this is the level of their ambitions, then I will be finding better things to do with my time on Sunday afternoons next year. I've previously been supportive of the current Board, but no longer. Move aside, and let people in who have ambition and passion!
lets just give the guy a chance .  i bet if we have a better season next year you will be on here singing his praises :o

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 09 Oct 2007, 04:08:36 pm

not long but i would bet that they will be from NL2 and the local amateur teams
give the guy a chance . there may be some good players out there time will tell