HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Minimum of |Four new signings required.

Guest · 10 · 850

ANZAC

on: 10 Oct 2007, 06:48:17 pm
Fact we have lost six top end players this year.  We will exclude Fletch and Duffy as they have not been confirmed.  we have brought in two players.  Therefore it is simple maths that we must be looking to bring in at least three or four players.  Five or six if Duffy and Fletch go.

THese four players to my mind have to be blokes who we know will make an impact in this league.  Not blokes who are stepping up from lower leagues or blokes we hope will come good.

Signature signings like Moran and Koe Love at Leigh or Lennon Dyer and Tanga toa at Celtic. 

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:01:32 pm
ANZAC, do you go to bed at nights half expecting the sun not to come up next day.

I only seem to detect negative spin to everything you post on this site.

Why can't you be a bit positive about things ?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:08:05 pm
he is right though
haven till i die

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:09:53 pm
Certainly is !!

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:19:11 pm
Hey whats happening to me I am of the same oppinion as ANZAC!, seriously though Think we need a First Class Center, Strong Winger, another top Prop and a Second Row to add to the squad as it currently stands.
If Duffy were to go then A play making Scrum Half is a must .
However I do feel that PC will give the academy lads a chance early on ( Ford,Shackley, Lebbon, Bamber/Elsley)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2007, 07:37:19 pm
think we could do with 1 or 2 big pack men...... someone give barrie mc a holla lol :D

ANZAC

Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2007, 09:27:40 pm
My own view is that if anyone iin the accadamey was going to kick up a storm in NL! it would have happended by now.  bamber is regarded as the best accadamey prospect and is has looked well out his dept in the thre games he has played.  Ford is a big bloke but his fitness and aggression looked a problem when hes played.

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2007, 10:13:33 pm
the best young players in the acadamy are c mcavoy/ford/farrer/benson/lebbon they all could hold their own in nl1 but the problem was rotheram would rather go and get hasbeens in to play i think paul carey will give these lads a game in the rail cup and they want let anyone down and the money we save we can get real quility signings

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2007, 06:23:54 pm
i fink acadamy has few that will make it. fox n chris smith are only 17 an top acadamy players, they need another year or 2 at least. hodgeson woud not be out of depth or ford. ANZAC i dont no wat ur talkin bout interms of bamber n fordy mate. lebs needs sort himself out if he to make it, the club has given him so much time to do it. he is 23 now n b now a 23 year old in the acadamy would been released but we have given him the chance to get his attitude right lets hope he takes it

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 11 Oct 2007, 07:02:32 pm
fox isnt playing for the academy next season, he is going to work over in the north east so is unavilable