HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

crarey gets the job

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 09 Oct 2007, 07:14:27 pm
I don't know mush about PC the coach but whenever I have heard him on the Radio he has always struck me as being an open honest man. Good coaches don't have to come from the M62 or downunder, give the guy a chance.

As for all the twaddle about full time teams etc, we had 2 full time teams in NL 1 have gone into administration this year. I think the RL have to look very carefully at how teams are manageing their finances. Halifax Leigh & Celtics are all prime targets for the same, they don't have the crowds to support that type of spending.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #31 on: 09 Oct 2007, 07:29:48 pm
Good luck PC
best of luck

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 09 Oct 2007, 07:38:41 pm
I WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GET MY SEASON TICKET AND NEW
SHIRT AND HAVING A GOOD OLD SHOUT ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON
BECAUSE I SUPPORT HAVEN. ;D ;D ;D ;D
LETS FACE IT THINK OURSELVES LUCKY WERE NOT WIDNES
                                         >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:00:41 pm
Lets give the guy a chance.  He may not be the big name people wanted but one thing for sure is he did a cracking job at Barrow.  He is a coach who knows how to play for Crag Calvert remember at the Cumbria game at town.  As for being part time.  Previous coaches including P.C and  Steve Mac travelled about 7 hours every Tuesady Thursday and Saturday for training.  As i see it Paul will be there on the same days so the quality time needed with the team will be the same.  Good luck marra.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #34 on: 09 Oct 2007, 08:39:59 pm
Lets give the guy a chance.  He may not be the big name people wanted but one thing for sure is he did a cracking job at Barrow.  He is a coach who knows how to play for Crag Calvert remember at the Cumbria game at town.  As for being part time.  Previous coaches including P.C and  Steve Mac travelled about 7 hours every Tuesady Thursday and Saturday for training.  As i see it Paul will be there on the same days so the quality time needed with the team will be the same.  Good luck marra.

And lets hope the backroom staff he is seeking agree to 'get involved' and take us through next season. All of a sudden some positivity abounds, great stuff.
I hope that lessons will be learned on all sides and the club become more open in their dealings with fans, I hope that PC gets the players back into the bar after the game to talk to the paying fans.
That will be a positive step.
Steve Mc toldm last week that the initial feelng when he came back this season with Windows, was o smiles, no comms between fans and players.

Good luck Paul, sorry to say but you are a MARRA  ( for at least 12 mths )

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:14:53 pm
hes one of us now s who gives a rats a** where we got him from.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:52:56 pm
Like alot of people on here, I don't know alot about PC, but I think he deserves the backing of the fans. He is'nt a 'big name' coach, but lets face it people we are not a 'big name club' and we haven't got big money to scop around. I am the first to criticise the BOD, and I have no doubt I will continue to do so in the future, BUT, I think that all those people who are calling for some knight in shining armour to come and replace them and pump megabucks into the club, are living in dream land. If such a person (persons) existed, don't you think they would have made themselves known long before now?! We haven't got the infrastructure to move on and thats because we haven't got the support, week in and week out. Its no good 2 and a half thousand turning up every now and again when the cameras are there, we need that number and more every home game to build a successful and financially sound club.
I spoke to someone today who is a personal friend of PC and he said to me that this guy will give 110% in his new role at Haven, just like he did at Barrow. Off the pitch and behind the scenes stuff that nobody heard about. He is a good communicator and good man manager. I don't know this personally, it's what I was told, and to be honest, I have no reason to disbelieve this! Thats good enough for me.
Until (if) things go tits up, then lets start shouting. Until then, why not give him a chance and our support. Could he be worse than Rotheram?

Till next time..................................................................

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:59:14 pm
nice 1 marra roll on the season ticket sales and next season ;D

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 09 Oct 2007, 11:22:48 pm
I don't really understand why people say that getting a part time coach is a backward step.
He will be at training as much as a full time coach.
What did Cullen and McCormack do when they weren't training? They were travelling up and down the motorway.
What did Rotheram do? Apart from the travelling, he was busy fishing.

If the team isn't training full time during the week, then why do we really need a full time coach?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 10 Oct 2007, 12:59:10 am
i agree with hawkeye think the club has taken a step backwards :'( when they let dr go i was sure that they had a big name coach ready to step in .if u like a better coach. barrow didn't get to the grand final after finishing 2d  :oso how can pc be a better coach??.the club has had a good few years of been well run and i don't like criticising who have worked hard for the club. but i feel that the haven could be on the slide. That said lets wish pc well

ruud gullit..........glenn hoddle............kenny dalglish< except when at blackburn>

all BIG NAME coaches who basically have done nothing as managers, fergie wenger morihnio
not the best players in the world but bloody good mangers

so getting a big name coach isn't the be all and end all of the matter

lets just get behind then new guy and wish him well and support the team
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:26:03 am
Well, Des and Co, you have succeeded in taking us back several decades to the days when a coach was selected because he was Cumbrian and cheap, and performances were mediocre at best. The Board may be prepared to accept mediocrity, but I, for one, am not. If this is the level of their ambitions, then I will be finding better things to do with my time on Sunday afternoons next year. I've previously been supportive of the current Board, but no longer. Move aside, and let people in who have ambition and passion!

three words for ya

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:48:26 am
Well, Des and Co, you have succeeded in taking us back several decades to the days when a coach was selected because he was Cumbrian and cheap, and performances were mediocre at best. The Board may be prepared to accept mediocrity, but I, for one, am not. If this is the level of their ambitions, then I will be finding better things to do with my time on Sunday afternoons next year. I've previously been supportive of the current Board, but no longer. Move aside, and let people in who have ambition and passion!

"haven til i die".........either a lie, or we'll be having a minutes silence at the next home game!! ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 10 Oct 2007, 03:51:30 am
Awe Mac would you do that for me 
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2007, 03:54:24 am by Haven till I Die »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 10 Oct 2007, 05:26:48 am
of course marra  :'( :'(
the reverand, big mac

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 10 Oct 2007, 05:37:47 am
You are such a nice guy. And for that i will buy you a pint at the next home match