HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

attendances

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:06:45 pm
looking at out attendances this season based on the guaranteed home games

1991 for the 9 league games and a average of 1937 if you include the  NRC home league games

bearing in mind blackpool and sheff were very low crowds i dont think this is too bad

add in the amount of home cup ties we had for extra revenue in the club etc then i cant see how the club have done bad on income this year
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:17:53 pm
The thing is bkm, a club has to work out a budget for the coming year based on the sort of crowds they expect to come through the turnstiles.     I'm sure, because of the level of success Haven have had over the past few years, it would not have been wrong of the board to have budgeted for an average crowd of say 2,500 - 2,700.   Of course when those crowd levels are not met then you have a loss situation which has to be managed for the next season otherwise you end up like Widnes, in the mire.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2007, 09:23:57 pm
The thing is bkm, a club has to work out a budget for the coming year based on the sort of crowds they expect to come through the turnstiles.     I'm sure, because of the level of success Haven have had over the past few years, it would not have been wrong of the board to have budgeted for an average crowd of say 2,500 - 2,700.   Of course when those crowd levels are not met then you have a loss situation which has to be managed for the next season otherwise you end up like Widnes, in the mire.

think our budget was stated as 2000 keith so not far off
THE MULLET IS BACK

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2007, 05:24:11 pm
i think if poul gets us playing like what steve mac did we could get and average of 2,400 to 2,500 easily so u never no we have been poor for 2 seasons now hopefully we will improve now the man hus killed us has gone god i cant wait for the new season now and all u marras should be exsited as well

justonelilpoint

Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2007, 05:38:13 pm
I know for couple of years they were budgeting on around 1500, even when the average was up about 2000
Cant see them budgeting on 2500 last year ??? ::)

Thing is we had two seasons when we had Grand final appearances and finished top, Not to mention games against Warrington etc
Average was up around 2300 and we recorded a ?40k profit
Gives you bit of extra money for following season and guess with 6 travellers in side, Thats where it went.
Now we need to cut back a bit again and its only sensible measures as far as i can see.
Des has said money will be available to bring players in...Lets see what happens.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2007, 05:54:55 pm
If you look at who has gone and who is coming, I would suggest that there is quite a bit of money still available for PC to play with.

So come on PC get us some good players for next year, You can do it !!!!

;D

ANZAC

Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2007, 06:42:01 pm
yes I agree the player budget must still be very healthy.  Lets see some quailty signings of good players.

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2007, 08:50:03 pm
ANZAC do I sense that we may agree on something here?

Also can I sense a slight degree of positivity in some of your more recent posts. Not being so negative at the moment. Starting to post without an air of DOOM and GLOOM at times!

I knew you had it in you.  ;D

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2007, 09:09:07 pm
must be all the good news
he's had a change of heart
           :D :D :D :D :D
ALWAYS  HAVEN

ANZAC

Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2007, 10:06:42 pm
ChorleyblueandGold...i really only post either what i understand to be facts or honest opinion.  I understand the workings of a RL club first hand and know most of the personalities involved.  It often may seem negative or harsh but believe me you only know the half of it.  I believe one way of influencing things is to put people under pressure which is what i try  do with some of my posts.   

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 10 Oct 2007, 10:14:52 pm
Yes but the vast majority of your posts have a negative slant on them. Try to give people a chance before you clime all over them and criticise. Try to think more positively and be a bit more realistic about what our club can achieve and where it is going. The vibe you get from your posts is that we should be going all out to push for SL and that anything less is pathetic. Lets be honest its never going to happen. The club needs to be thoughtfull and realistic in its approach. Don't want to join the growing list Widnes, Doncaster, Swinton, etc.