HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The ground

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 11 Oct 2007, 04:52:26 pm
According  to  the  Whitehaven  News  the  BOD  are  looking  at  moving  up  to  the  athletics  stadium.  Are  they crazy !!!!!!

Its  a  long  time  since  I  watched  a  game  up  there  but  they  only  have  seating  for  about  3  maybe  400.  Your  miles  away  from  the  pitch  which  would  give  the  place  no  atmoshere  at  all.  And  what  about  all  the  money  raised  for  the  proposed  new  stand.

For  me  this is  a  bad  idea  and  I  can  only  hope  nothing  comes  of  it. :(

IpswichSteve

Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:06:57 pm
Yes how much is in your grandstand fund to be matched?  ::)

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:09:42 pm
well something has to be done or there,l be nothing of either ground with stands.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:19:26 pm
According to this article - its not going to happen....

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=552098

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:27:41 pm
whitehaven news says one thing news n star another  :D :D :D

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2007, 05:33:19 pm
I would think the Whitehaven News report was designed to apply pressure to somehow draw the whole debacle to a satisfactory close!!!

IMO it's time for a Whitehaven News journo to do a bit of investigative journalism and spill the beans about the whole situation!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2007, 06:44:56 pm
According  to  the  Whitehaven  News  the  BOD  are  looking  at  moving  up  to  the  athletics  stadium.  Are  they crazy !!!!!!

Its  a  long  time  since  I  watched  a  game  up  there  but  they  only  have  seating  for  about  3  maybe  400.  Your  miles  away  from  the  pitch  which  would  give  the  place  no  atmoshere  at  all.  And  what  about  all  the  money  raised  for  the  proposed  new  stand.

For  me  this is  a  bad  idea  and  I  can  only  hope  nothing  comes  of  it. :(

We dont know how much money if any has been raised, the only gurantees were that whatever was raised would be matched if we could get the go ahead to build.

TW

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2007, 09:32:53 pm
We dont know how much money if any has been raised, the only gurantees were that whatever was raised would be matched if we could get the go ahead to build.

TW

I thought Washington's promise was to match any funds raised up to a maximum of ?60,000.  Was that not it?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2007, 09:52:58 pm
i for one hope it doesnt happen
haven till i die

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #9 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:28:24 pm
I would think the Whitehaven News report was designed to apply pressure to somehow draw the whole debacle to a satisfactory close!!!

IMO it's time for a Whitehaven News journo to do a bit of investigative journalism and spill the beans about the whole situation!

Not required, the issues are well known and have been discussed before.
Miners Football club don't want us to have a long term lease as this may scupper their own plans

We need a long term lease to acquire additional funding for longer term development and to build the grandstand that we have planning permission for.
The 2 new stands alone affect their plans.
Stalemate. However if we were to raise the possibility and feasibiity of moving AND DEVELOPING the hensingham stadium, then that may bring the 2 parties together.
As i have said many times before, even if we had 10 million to develop the 'rec', the RL club have no clout to do anything, it is in the hand of others who have their own selfish agenda IMO.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

justonelilpoint

Reply #10 on: 12 Oct 2007, 08:41:17 pm
Forgive my ignorance Neil , But why should the two grandstands scupper the Miners plans ?
The Pow beck development plans never included doing the grandstand side.It was for the other 3 sides only.
Wasnt that the reason why they went ahead with this plan and not the railway end development because it didnt affect what  West lakes etc wanted to do ???

Here are the original drawings

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:56:22 am
 That drawing looks amazing  :o :o
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2007, 09:21:41 am
Forgive my ignorance Neil , But why should the two grandstands scupper the Miners plans ?
The Pow beck development plans never included doing the grandstand side.It was for the other 3 sides only.
Wasnt that the reason why they went ahead with this plan and not the railway end development because it didnt affect what  West lakes etc wanted to do ???

Here are the original drawings

Part of the miners plan means a road running right behind the kells end where the spo nsor lounge etc currently sit.
This may mean the pitch being moved round by 90 degrees ( assuming that the total pow beck development went ahead ) We therefore cannot build the 2 new stands if th other parties get their way. Your drawing shows the original plans which i am lead to believe have changed slightly. There are also issues between the miners and the whitehaven social club which are even further away from being resolved.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

justonelilpoint

Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2007, 09:46:29 am
If the plans have changed then moving the pitch 90 degrees isnt 'slightly' !!  :)
When the original grandstand was built i believe it was built so it could be taken back down and built elsewhere . couldnt these two new ones not be done the same ?
If the pitch is then moved to whatever angle the 3 stands could then be re-erected.

By way, If the pitch is being moved that way, then where the hell are the supporters going to watch games ?
Because there aint no way we going to bull doze the entire ground, Move the pitch the other way and get any  stands up  during the 'off season'  :o

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2007, 11:01:52 am
The pitch can go any way as long as its north-south! ;D  Unless  they have in the budget to change the orientation of the planet.