HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Workington Town

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 08 Dec 2007, 03:30:28 pm
he will **** them off n they wont like him and then he will have to leave before ur players do. thats what happens if im remember rightly

IpswichSteve

Reply #31 on: 08 Dec 2007, 04:50:49 pm
 :D :D Sounds about right but then you couldn't blame those players with
Stokes in charge.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 08 Dec 2007, 11:39:04 pm
Recre, no problem with Haven fans not liking Rotheram, just thought it was a bit harsh on
PM's part to raise the subject in relation to a charity calendar.

Although happy with his appointment I am not totally convinced by him and
the recruitment of traveling players doesn't impress me.  Rather two quota
players and Dean Burgess rather than the three Rochdale players.  We
fought hard to get extra quota place, now we don't have any quota players.

Still wait and see, he should certainly give us a more professional approach. A
lot will depend on the likes of Campbell & Lunts.
Steve any sort of crack about Town on this board will obviously raise certain responses on this board, thats the way of the world and we all kow that nothing is meant by it, I've said nowt about it but must take my hat of to the Town players for raising money for charity (apparently you can leave you're hat on, but thats another song and another film). I think you must be worried about the ex-Rochdale players that seem to be heading towards the Derwent Park door because you'd really want a better class of player into the club, a lot of Haven supporters expected DR to bring a certain type of player with him but to be honest we didn't see any sort of class influx into the club while he was in charge and thats why a lot of people where disappointed with him and also who we signed. A lot of people were expecting a great deal of major talent to arrive when it just isn't available, or just wont travel. Saying that I'm still not convinced about you're new coaches tactical prowess as its been a case of rugby by numbers down here since he's been in charge. The old crack about a new broom sweeping clean may now apply to both our clubs, again its a matter of wait and see.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 09 Dec 2007, 03:04:39 pm
Suddenly everybodys got all 'precious' because the Town players are getting ribbed for doing a 'calender girls' for charity. The criticism was for the way they were doing it, not why they were doing it! Get over it!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 09 Dec 2007, 05:36:43 pm
why are they being criticized at all? surely raising money for charity any way you can is a good thing
haven till i die

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 10 Dec 2007, 03:44:09 pm
It was a tongue in cheek remark about the whole 'stripping for a calender thing' and how its all been done before (about a million times). It does lack originality - which led me on to my remarks about DR. Raising money is commendable, nobody is disputing that. Why is everybody so sensitive about this? Club fundraising should be more of a priority for both Haven and Town -  players, staff and supporters alike.
Just a thought.

Monte2carlo

Reply #36 on: 10 Dec 2007, 04:47:06 pm
Good god i would pay them a tenner to keep there clothes on !

Monte

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 10 Dec 2007, 04:53:51 pm
does the money they make in the Ike Southward derby go to charity?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:20:19 pm
It was a tongue in cheek remark about the whole 'stripping for a calender thing' and how its all been done before (about a million times). It does lack originality - which led me on to my remarks about DR. Raising money is commendable, nobody is disputing that. Why is everybody so sensitive about this? Club fundraising should be more of a priority for both Haven and Town -  players, staff and supporters alike.
Just a thought.

If rumours are right, we may need a bit of Charity Fund Raising ourselves. I hear we have not been forthcoming with money we need to pay for the use of our New Training Base.

TW

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:47:08 pm
cullen completley turned the club around with no real star players except lester,leroy and fats and the rest local lads so thats some achievment.

mcormack achived a 2nd place finish and 2 grand finals.

And the little matter of our FIRST trophy  ;D

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #40 on: 10 Dec 2007, 06:54:54 pm
Just a thought.

If rumours are right, we may need a bit of Charity Fund Raising ourselves. I hear we have not been forthcoming with money we need to pay for the use of our New Training Base.

TW
And that could be because the promised training facilities have not been forthcomming,i,e not allowed on the waterlogged pitch (fair enough), no use of a slot on the all weather when said pitch waterlogged and not allowed in the gym at the promised time.  A few hiccups that I believe are getting sorted and that will include the money.