HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gary Hewer gone afterall???

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2007, 04:18:46 pm
Exactly, fair play to him for wanting to drop down a division. Now lets move on.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:19:17 pm
It's obvious why GH has gone.

We appointed him as Elite Player Performance Manager.

He's just realised we don't have any !   ;D :o

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2007, 01:01:29 pm
I  personally  couldn't  see  why  we  needed 2  assistant  coaches.  Just  a  waste  of  money.  I  would  rather  the  cash  be  spent  on  players  than  extra  coaching  staff.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:09:14 pm
joint assistant coach ???? ive never heard owt as ridiculous in my life. one coach 1 no.2  simple as
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2007, 08:12:13 pm
Well said marra, at this rate we will have more backroom staff than players.

Offline npl

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2007, 02:10:49 am
FAIR PLAY TO HIM, I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST AND IM SURE THAT WE WILL SEE HIM AND DR WITHIN THE NEXT TWO SESIONS IN DIV 1 ;D ;D

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2007, 02:31:22 am
FAIR PLAY TO HIM, I WISH HIM ALL THE BEST AND IM SURE THAT WE WILL SEE HIM AND DR WITHIN THE NEXT TWO SESIONS IN DIV 1 ;D ;D

Cant see that ever happening they are a poor team at best. DR only had a good record at Haven cos of the team he inherited

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 19 Oct 2007, 10:17:44 am
i think those 2 will bring professionalism to town and that might be enough to turn them into a team good enough to fight for promotion . i hope so it would be good for cumbria if all three clubs were in nl1
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 19 Oct 2007, 10:32:47 am
I wouldnt take my kids to that s###e hole of a place ever again i dont give a flyn f##k if town get up i think meby barrow have a better chance.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 19 Oct 2007, 11:00:35 am
im only thinking about haven marra and the extra gate money that the derby games would bring. i know we play them in the micky mouse cup but imagine if we were playing them for a play off spot in the league? me for that reason alone hopes they come up along with barra
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #25 on: 19 Oct 2007, 06:53:20 pm
After seeing 'towns' annual team photo's over the past two years I can tell you why they will never win anything soon.

Too many hangers on mates. The directors, trainers, assistants etc. etc etc. outnumbered the players on the photo's 2 to 1.

Second point is, they only seem to sign Whitehaven cast off's................. nowt wrong with that if they want to get a better team than they have, ........however ....... can't one of them hangers on get on the bus and look for talent outside of the county too ??  Some of them could use their bus pass as far as the county border ... and save town some money into the bargain.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 19 Oct 2007, 07:56:36 pm
After seeing 'towns' annual team photo's over the past two years I can tell you why they will never win anything soon.

Too many hangers on mates. The directors, trainers, assistants etc. etc etc. outnumbered the players on the photo's 2 to 1.

Second point is, they only seem to sign Whitehaven cast off's................. nowt wrong with that if they want to get a better team than they have, ........however ....... can't one of them hangers on get on the bus and look for talent outside of the county too ??  Some of them could use their bus pass as far as the county border ... and save town some money into the bargain.

You are right there was quite a number of non-players on that photo.

So on the next one they will maybe leave off the office staff, the Town Flyer administrators, the kit men, non-paid directors, members of the supporters club and some voluntary workers.   

I think you need to concentrate on your own club/team instead of trying to score points by using Town.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2007, 11:24:18 am
Keith,

This is a thread section titled other teams ... so my comments on town were in the right forum area ?

Nothing i said in my post was untrue
PHOTOGRAPH ..... you agreed
Signing haven cast offs ...... indisputable (although no disrepect to the players or coaches who have moved over to town was intended)
The signings did (have) improved the town team (play off place year on year)
Town do not seem inclined (or able) to sign many (any) British players from outside the county.
There are a few 'old hands' associated with town who should be able to travel and spot talent away from West Cumbria.

As a supporter who followed both town and haven until very recent years, when I decided town had lost their way (the plot), I wish town all the best ... but doubt they will turn things round in the near term ....as I commented.

I am sure my feelings are also felt by many town supporters.

I do now focus most of my attention on haven, but still look for town results ..... unlike some who see a town defeat as being as good as a haven win  on match days!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 20 Oct 2007, 12:04:19 pm
good riddance to the guy if his mind is on money rather than the club let him sneak off,we want commitment from all back room staff.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 21 Oct 2007, 12:51:55 pm
its a bigger role than we offered him. not money. fair play to him. it a career step any1 would have took.