HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gary Hewer gone afterall???

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #30 on: 22 Oct 2007, 07:28:09 pm
he has coached me before and he isnt even that good of a coach to be honest i know peolel will come on and say the things he ahs achieved haven scholarship and academy coach england U15's but i think alot of that has to do with hes community work of which he does alot of
If you are talking about Gary Hewer he is a bloody great coach!!!
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #31 on: 22 Oct 2007, 07:38:04 pm
I dont care what anyone thinks about Gary Hewer he's one of the best coaches about!!. Gary is the coach of Distington a local amateur team, he has helpped them get top near top of division one from the near bottom of division two over two season, he gives most of his time to rugby league and is a star coach!!! I say good luck to him for the future even though i am a true havenfan and would never support town!! I'm not a poor looser, i look forward to not argueing with him but include friendly banter, that haven are better, as he's great guy.!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 22 Oct 2007, 08:45:04 pm
Disington were struggling to get a full team meby that had something to do with going from the bottom too

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 23 Oct 2007, 12:31:36 am
Disington were struggling to get a full team meby that had something to do with going from the bottom too

Come on Marra, if he stayed it would have been fine with you and most!
He obviously wants to better himself with experience, so you can not fault someone for that!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 23 Oct 2007, 09:00:20 am
no fair play to the lad whatever he wants to do and good luck to him i was just saying what i knew about disington.
Ive know gary for a good few years i usete work with him scaffolding.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 23 Oct 2007, 01:39:48 pm
he has coached me before and he isnt even that good of a coach to be honest i know peolel will come on and say the things he ahs achieved haven scholarship and academy coach england U15's but i think alot of that has to do with hes community work of which he does alot of

im just going on the experience that i have had of him coaching me and also from what a few academy lads have told me
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 23 Oct 2007, 04:49:57 pm

im just going on the experience that i have had of him coaching me and also from what a few academy lads have told me

im suprised it acadamy lads have told u that. i no a few and none of them feel that way

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 23 Oct 2007, 05:07:00 pm
i know a few of them also and a couple have said he isnt the best of coaches but what does it matter now hes at town and good luck to him hope he does well
haven till i die

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #38 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:28:45 pm
Distington started from div 2 in 2005 and came 4th in there first season, in that season they came nowhere near the bottom 5 let alone the bottom two. in 2006, the came 1st wont both of the finals, and got promoted, they are now in div 1 and are doing much better than most thought they would they are now 3rd at the moment. They have never ever struggled to get a team as they have 30 plus quality players who are comitted to the team!!!

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #39 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:30:48 pm

Come on Marra, if he stayed it would have been fine with you and most!
He obviously wants to better himself with experience, so you can not fault someone for that!

I agree with you mate. I am a true haven fan but i am a true distington fan too, and gary is our class coach, i say all the best to hive and look forward to having friendly banter with him.

Good luck Gary x

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #40 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:31:53 pm
no fair play to the lad whatever he wants to do and good luck to him i was just saying what i knew about disington.
Ive know gary for a good few years i usete work with him scaffolding.

oversly you dont know much about Distington as they were never int the bottom two!!!

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:33:01 pm

you've obvously  gt the wrong guy then, coz i've met no better.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 11 Nov 2007, 04:12:52 pm
not for a few years but they couldnt get a full team for a bit marra, i hada girlfriend there a few years so i do think i knew dis, but theyv been ok for a few years i know.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 11 Nov 2007, 04:22:59 pm

you've obvously  gt the wrong guy then, coz i've met no better.

what do you mean ive got the wrong guy ??? he coached me on the scholarship programme i didnt think he was a good coach and i have mates who play for academy and they say he isnt as good as people make out ::) and if gary hewer is the best coach you have met you really havent met many have you :D
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2007, 12:25:06 am by haven lad 06 »
haven till i die

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 11 Nov 2007, 08:56:22 pm
good coach guna be a miss at haven gd luk to him at twn tho