HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

new players.

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
on: 16 Oct 2007, 06:10:46 pm
after the club have said they are in talks with players here and abroad who would you like to see come to haven your thoughts marras, try and be realistic to the budget we have lol! il say wilkes and nanyn to get it going.

ANZAC

Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:59:13 pm
I have said it before we need four players if Fletch and Duffy stay

A prop: Wilkes / Tandy / Glassie

A Wing: Ford / Bauer

A Centre: Nannyn / Goddard

A Lose: Quota player with a bit of Skill and Leadership

Anything less than those type of players and the fans are being let down and duped.

If Crarey gets four in those positons of that quality then we can expect a decent season from him.  If the BOD bring in players of a lower quality and or do not cover those positions then Crarey is being set up for a fall and the fans should run the BOD out of town. IMO

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:09:49 pm
Don't hold back ANZAC ... just feel free to say what you mean !!

Seriously your right about the type of player we need ... but I doubt we will get them.

Not for next year anyway.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:23:52 pm
i think we need 1 prop - wilkes
a 2nd rower - brett mcdermott
centre would be good if goddard wanted to come here or andreas bauer
winger nicky beach from barrow would be good imo

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:33:22 pm
Brett McDermott is passed it why do we need a second row anyway we have 4 at the club.

ANZAC

Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:48:53 pm
F/B - Broadbent
W-  Calvert
C-  Jackson //Elibeck / C Mcavoy
C -  SIGNING
S/O- Rudd / Finch
S/H - Duffy /Joe
P - Fatilofa / Edmondson/ Hill
H  Mattinson / Sice
P A SIGNING /Jackson
SR- Fletcher / Miller
S/R - S Mcavoy / Wrightl
L/F SIGNING

If we were going to be tight then we could possibly do without out a centre ...and to be honest i doubt the BOD will sign a centre with at least two or three players Elibeck & the Mcavoys who play there. 

We def need a good Prop/ a Wing and a proper Lose forward as a minimum

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:02:46 pm
mcdermott is stil a good player and probably the hardest tackling 2nd rower in the national leagues

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:34:58 am
mcdermott is stil a good player and probably the hardest tackling 2nd rower in the national leagues

3 or 4 seasons ago maybe

Offline show and go

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:33:06 pm
heard that craig macavoy has told haven he wont be at the rec next year and that he is packing in altogether. ps from a reliable source

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2007, 02:45:12 pm
heard that craig macavoy has told haven he wont be at the rec next year and that he is packing in altogether. ps from a reliable source

hardldy a loss. a 24 year old acamdamy player

newton

Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:34:56 pm
good post same with all aca damy players if they choose to go with hewer so what.  when popularsider was quoting them not being spoken toby dr shows how childish that was they are not bigger than the haven club

Offline Haven27

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:50:04 pm
i can see him signin barrow players or locals which arent good enough ano people wna see locals do well but we will win nothing if we think lyk tht

ex super league players only if we want promotion !

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 17 Oct 2007, 05:58:18 pm
Haven 27 we are not looking for a franchise for SL next year, that was announced earlier in the week by Des in the News and Star. We are going through a transition period so why not try out local lads and not overpaid SL has beens.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:06:12 pm
yes by all means give some local lads a chance but if we start slipping down the table(which will happen with a team of young unproven players) then fans will stop going through he gates then what? will everbody who stopped going suddenly say in 5 years time "oh they are going to try nd get into super league now im going to go back? i dont think so we will have to get rid of the best players that we have in that team because their wages will not be coming through the gates and we will continue to fall down the tables and the divisions
haven till i die

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:54:57 pm
Until these young lads are tried we will never find out if they are good enough. Do players just get to their early twenties and become good players overnight? NO. They have to be tried, supported and given experience. If it doesn't work out then so be it, but you have to give them a chance before just saying that they are all not good enough.

I don't want to refer to football but I remember a certain Mr Hansen saying that you win nothing with kids referring to Man Utd.