HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

get rid of the BOD

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:01:08 pm

I THINK IT IS TIME TO GET RID OF THE BOD

1.THEY HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO RUN A CLUB WHY ARE WE IN THE BLACK EVERY OTHER TEAM IN NL1 IS IN THE RED.THE RFL WILL NEVER GIVE A FRANCHISE TO SUCH A POORLY RUN CLUB.

2.WE HAVE NO OVER THE HILL PLAYERS ON SUPER LEAGUE WAGES,WE HAD ONE BUT GOT RID OF HIM,HOW SHORT SIGHTED IS THAT.

3.WE HAVE NOT RUSHED INTO SIGNING LOADS OF PLAYERS JUST CAUSE WE HAVE TO,WE SHOULD BE LIKE THE OTHER LEMMINGS GOING OVER THE CLIFF.

4.WE DO NOT SPEND MONEY WE DONT HAVE AND PAY WAGES WE CANNOT AFFORD WE CUT OUR CLOTH ACCORDINGLY.

5. AND THE MOST GLARING ERROR THE BOD HAVE NOT DONE IS TAKE US INTO ADMINISTRATION HOW NEGATIVE AND SHORT SIGHTED IS THAT.

I JUST WISH WE HAD A QUALITY BOARD LIKE WIDNES THEN WE WOULD REALLY GO PLACES...DOWN.GIVE THE BOD SOME CREDIT ON RUNNING THE CLUB LIKE A BUISINESS NOT LIKE A PLAYTHING IF THEY SAY WE HAVE TO SAVE MONEY THEN SO BE IT.I WOULD RATHER PLAY LOCALS AND FINISH 6TH THAN GO LIKE WIDNES,DONCASTER OR HEAVEN FORBID THE SHAMBLES UP AT DONKEY PARK.I AM GOING TO THE BOOKIES AND PUTTING MY MONEY ON TOP 3.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:03:57 pm
well said

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2007, 08:48:06 pm
Good on ya Mega!!!

Nice to see some realism on here.

Also very funny  :D

Cheers Marra

ANZAC

Reply #3 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:11:02 pm
I can gaurntee you if we only make a couple of signings and finish sixth in the league you lot will be calling for blood come next October.

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:27:13 pm
anzac how do you eat your jam   on toast,in a sandwich or from the jar with a spoon,sorry you can use a spoon can you......

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 16 Oct 2007, 10:43:46 pm
Whom was the over the hill player on SL wages? I did not think anyone was even close to a SL wage??

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:01:47 pm
probably talking about bull trindall i think he was quality
haven till i die

Offline mega570

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:45:06 pm
no baldwin and i was being sarcastic

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2007, 06:59:31 pm
I can gaurntee you if we only make a couple of signings and finish sixth in the league you lot will be calling for blood come next October.

HOW RUDE!!!

Not only do you claim to know what all the players, the BOD and Des are doing. But now you are even saying that you know what I'm going to do next year  ???

Are you Dr Who?

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 17 Oct 2007, 09:23:34 pm
shambles up the road got two years in super leaue. oh dont shout at me. sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate fellas and its a gamble look at cas and widnes this season what would have happened if widnes had gone up and cas had stopped down? sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind. its a BIG gamble though.  staying comfortable and in the black may be seen as good but where does it get you but then again if it goes wrong it puts you back years. bottom line is do you gamble to go further or not?

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 17 Oct 2007, 09:37:37 pm
theres a few gambled and came back its just a case of starting again for them it payed off for cas but not others plus with the doors shutting there wanting good teams with good grounds going up from next year anyway.
Lets get some decent players bought and build up our ground thats a start in the right direction imo

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 17 Oct 2007, 10:06:53 pm

no m8 we are realistic and look at the long term. if we fin 6th then fair enough but if we have got some young players performing with the ability to improve and have the stadium underway and finances are good then il be happy. im starting to think u say stuff just for a reaction off people

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:17:38 am
well said marra! we need to get behind our team and bod and get to the games / buy season tickets to pump money in our club.
The club needs to put up posters around town and get the peoples eye, start kids club like they said they would last season, good marketing we need as well as good facilities.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:24:54 pm
is anzec regdunnsflatcap?????????

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 18 Oct 2007, 09:15:22 pm
yes i have to agree where is bod taking us no backbone and when are the new players coming all other teams again signing players and we are last again. and what is happening with fletch we have to keep him come on bod get it sorted for the fans or go yourself
born and bred haven.