HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Franchise

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
on: 18 Oct 2007, 12:03:58 am
 Some bloke from Fev has started an anti franchise campaign

http://www.rugbyleague.org/index.php?s=180208bb626468135337f377a3a8efc8&showtopic=80669
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:08:50 am
A think its what everyone is thinking in the nl1&2 he should write or email rugby league papers also

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2007, 09:06:14 am
well done that man
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2007, 09:30:16 am
Good on that man for trying, but I don't think it will make a great deal of difference.

I'm not sure but I seem to remember hearing something somewhere that the SL clubs votes count double as compared with the NL clubs if it goes down to a vote.

The RFL want this system, lets be honest what they want is what they get !!

What we should be looking at is what are the RFL going to do with the rest of us when the franchise starts. I think instead of being negative and trying to block the scheme (that will get the RFL's backs up and they will get it through) clubs should be working with them in order to get the best out of a bad system for the smaller clubs.

What structure will we have?
What money will we get?
What competitions will we have?
What will the criteria be for teams losing and gaining franchises in years to come?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2007, 07:36:13 pm
The point with the franchise system is that it's less for the general good of RL and almost exclusively for the benifit of SKY television.

It will all end in tears one day ... mark my words.

Note what I say..... watch as some SL clubs go to the wall though lack of support.

Matches on TV with few spectators at the grounds.  Not now, but a few years into the future.

Then they will look around for another 'mug' team to fill the gap.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2007, 07:44:03 pm
The point with the franchise system is that it's less for the general good of RL and almost exclusively for the benifit of SKY television.

Thats  exactly  what  it  is.  Its  all  about  SKY  and  how  many  sports  subscriptions  they  can  sell.  If  you  notice  they  leave  Rugby  Union  alone  because  in  their  elite  division  there  are  teams  spread  across  the  country  whilst  in  SL  its  mainly  the  north  hence  wanting  to  develop  the  game  further  afield.

Its  totally  wrong  and  unfair  and  makes  a  mockery  of  our  sport  and  I  can  see  why  fans  from  lower  clubs  are  up  in  arms  but  I  fear  there  isn't  a  cat  in  hells  chance  of  changing  the  RFL's  stance  on  the  franchise  system.  For  me  its  full  steam  ahead  and  no  amount  of  whinging  will  make  them  change  their  silly  minds >:(

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2007, 10:37:46 pm
maybe one day they will see what a bollox theyv made and reopen the grand final just hope its not to late then ::)