HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ground Developments

Monte2carlo

Reply #15 on: 06 Dec 2007, 11:49:20 pm
Miles away from the pitch in a nice ground with covered stands, seating, food outlets and function rooms or out in the open rain in a sh** hole for ?13.00

hmm

Monte

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 07 Dec 2007, 03:00:53 am
Better out in the rain with a bit of atmosphere than sat a million miles away and cant see sod all.There is always some escape from the rain.Just bear in mind our tight little ground is often as good as an extra 500 supporters
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:33:22 am
copeland is a poor stadium even at amatuer cup finals its a joke, no atmosphere.

BRING YOUR SPECS IF HAVEN START PLAYING THERE MIGHT SEE SOME OF THE ACTION

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:33:37 am
When  you  think  about  it  you'd  have  a  grass  area from  the  edge  of  the  pitch  to  the  running  track.  Then  you'd  have  an  8  lane  track  and  then  more  space  between  the  track  and  the  stands.  I  would  say  about  30  yards  from  the  pitch  to  the  stands.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:36:10 am
yer like gateshead thunder

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 07 Dec 2007, 12:31:13 pm
Copeland stadium is a poor venue for Rugby League games i have played and watched many games up there
haven till i die

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 07 Dec 2007, 01:41:47 pm
I don't think we should move to the Copeland Stadium either, as it is. But a number of people have mentioned that if the club did move it would free up a large amount of funding. If that was the case this could maybe be used to change the stadium to suit our needs more.

Lets be honest the current situation is not good and something has to be done if the club is to move forward. Many things have been said over many years but the ground has not changed at all. In fact if you had to make a judgment you would probably say that it is deteriorating as time goes by.

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #22 on: 07 Dec 2007, 08:50:26 pm
I  can't  understand  why  people  want  to  see  us  move to  the  Athletics  stadium.  Would  you  really  want  to  watch  a  match  miles  away  from  the  pitch  and  with  very  little  atmosphere ???

I can think of a gound 8 miles up the road that meet this criteria!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 07 Dec 2007, 09:35:51 pm
I  can't  understand  why  people  want  to  see  us  move to  the  Athletics  stadium.  Would  you  really  want  to  watch  a  match  miles  away  from  the  pitch  and  with  very  little  atmosphere ???

I can think of a gound 8 miles up the road that meet this criteria!!!

Me  Too................... ;D