HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

new shirts

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 23 Oct 2007, 12:23:21 am
Very funny Monte and Puppet! ;D

Shirts are hard because we all like something different most of the time.I still think they should have" eat my dust" on the back of them and "if you can read this, i am going to drive you into the ground" on the front! ;D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 23 Oct 2007, 01:24:39 am
is it just me or does anyone else think its "strange/weird/coincidental" that the same people seem to "win" the right to have their names on the haven shirts?!?!?! ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 23 Oct 2007, 02:12:05 am
You are talking sponsors???? I always thought the one that put the most money up got there name on them??

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 23 Oct 2007, 02:20:03 am
I think that most of the sponsors are decided by money,but is there not a raffle costing a couple of hundred quid and whoever wins that also gets on the shirts?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 23 Oct 2007, 02:56:16 am
You are talking sponsors???? I always thought the one that put the most money up got there name on them??

any business can pay ?100 and their name is put into a draw to have it put on the new shirt, i know of a couple of businesses who dont bother doing it now because it always seems to be the same names who get pulled out of the hat!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 23 Oct 2007, 03:28:25 am
Thanks marra, i did not know that! i think the fair way would be for sponsors that pay the same money in the draw and win, to be taken out of the "Hat" so to speak for the next years draw or have sponsors that have never won get a few tickets in the draw when winners from the last 3 years etc only get one ticket in the draw!
Just a thought to keep everyone happy and level the playing field!

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2007, 08:13:43 am
I would think that as they're only sketches at the moment then the winners of the shirt sponsors for next season will not be known yet, I would assume the names have been put on to show what they will look like.

justonelilpoint

Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2007, 09:16:48 am
Draw was made back in August

Waberthwaite's Richard Woodall - famous for his Cumberland sausage -
was the first draw winner, which means his shop's name will be put on
next season's home shirt.

And Tiffen & Co estate agents were the second out of the hat, so
their name will go on the away shirt for 2008

Offline gushaven

• First Team Regular
    • Kells A.R.L.F.C.
Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2007, 05:32:38 pm
Well it`s another lot of money parents`ll have to fork out for new shirts etc.
Why not make them last 2 season`s at least  :-\
Success is like a fart.
It only bothers people when it is not their own!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 2007, 06:52:42 pm
i think its because of the sponsors on the shirts isnt ? the draw that they do each year for the sponsors although i dont know why they couldnt just do the draw every 2 years
haven till i die

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 24 Oct 2007, 06:59:39 pm

exactly,

we are no better than footie teams, changing our shirt every season, especially at the prices they will be!
the reverand, big mac

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 24 Oct 2007, 07:15:59 pm

exactly,

we are no better than footie teams, changing our shirt every season, especially at the prices they will be!

I've said this before: we should do the same as Fev and get a new home shirt each season BUT use the previous years home shirt as this years away. The only difference might be the adverts but we can all live with that methinks?
El Tel.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 24 Oct 2007, 07:19:39 pm
would that wotk though because both last years and this years home shirt look similar although i suppose no other team wears chocolate blue and gold
haven till i die

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 24 Oct 2007, 07:23:31 pm

exactly,

I've said this before: we should do the same as Fev and get a new home shirt each season BUT use the previous years home shirt as this years away. The only difference might be the adverts but we can all live with that methinks?
El Tel.

the problem then HWL, would be, as we have predominantely white as our home shirt, when it becomes our away shirt, and the new home shirt was still white, we would have no change shirt when playing a team who also wear white

ya follow that?
LOL
the reverand, big mac

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 24 Oct 2007, 08:41:03 pm

exactly,

El Tel.

the problem then HWL, would be, as we have predominantely white as our home shirt, when it becomes our away shirt, and the new home shirt was still white, we would have no change shirt when playing a team who also wear white

ya follow that?
LOL

I do, Big Fella.