HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

fasavalu

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 26 Oct 2007, 10:36:26 am
great player and a handful for any team but how the hell can he play for gb? give british lads 1st priotrty however good they are. now we have gone down this road imo it will open the floodgates and others will try to get in via the same stupid rules. as i said a great player  but hes not british and he has represented another nation previously. i know henry paul and others have done it but imo its wrong
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2007, 04:49:30 pm
he is class so not really bothered

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2007, 05:49:50 pm
i get what silver shadow means though i mean the RFL are stoppin P&R because they are complaining that not enough british talent is coming through the super league clubs and now they do have alot of talent coming through they decide to pick fa'asavalu before them the RFL is a joke
haven till i die

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2007, 07:26:09 pm
 To be honest I think P&R is getting scrapped to improve the standard of the GB/England squad. Fasavalu is improving the GB squad. IMO him playing for GB makes no difference the franchise argument. I say good luck to him. He is trying to better himself.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2007, 09:03:55 pm
the reason the RFL have given for scrapping P&R is that clubs will be able to bring through their youth players into their first team instead of going overseas to protect their super league status, but if they are going to stop young BRITISH players from playing for their country because Fa'asavalu, who qualifies because he lives here, can play for us makes no sense if they want to bring through young talent into the britain team. We have enough talent to fill the squad without him, no doubt he will increase the quality of the squad but the matter of the is he isnt british
haven till i die

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2007, 11:42:59 pm
how can they have an overseas quota retriction to improve the quality of our own game and then pick an overseas player to play for gb? dont get me wrong i hope he does well but i would rather  give a brit a chance
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2007, 11:53:21 pm
australia tongo samoa new zeland cook islands all them countrys players chop and change why shudnt we have a some1 who qualifys

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2007, 11:57:52 pm
there would be a full team that qualified by them rules would you like to see that???
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2007, 12:12:28 am
dont see you complaining about all the players from overseas playing for wigan ?

i dont know why hock aint in that gd team though he is from wigan and fully british

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2007, 12:16:34 am
thick comes to mind :-[
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2007, 11:08:23 am
good debut. we have mike catt in union. hargreaves in futy. ravi bopara in cricket. why not in league

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 28 Oct 2007, 10:55:46 pm
thick as they come :-)