HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rudd

Boxer · 13 · 1175

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:10:58 pm
I have to say based on the last 6 games of 2007 and looking today this bloke shuld be alloewed to run the show.  I really think he is a very talented Rugby League player who we are lucky to have in our team.

newton

Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:16:41 pm
where was finch today? though bamber was out of his league dont think he will cut first team rugby

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2007, 04:23:04 pm
finch had the lurgy..  bamber will never play first team despite his supporters on this forum. Just not good enough.  half  backs are Rudd Duffy Finch and Joe.

newton

Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2007, 06:00:36 pm
to light for first team rugby on the other hand someone on another thread thought rudd had overdosed on the xmas food over the  holidays    ;D ;D ;D

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2007, 06:58:14 pm
rudd is a great player although his kicking was poor today
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2007, 07:55:21 pm
I wouldn't discount Bainbridge yet, afterall i never saw a positive word written about rudd on this message board until very recently. 

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2007, 03:54:16 pm
Rudd has certainly come on a lot in the past 18 months and he got a load of stick on here from many Haven fans.    I wonder what he thinks about DR who gave him his chance????     Playing alongside Duffy has also brought him along and Finch will have to be good to dislodge him from the 6 shirt.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2007, 05:15:37 pm
Rudd has certainly come on a lot in the past 18 months and he got a load of stick on here from many Haven fans.    I wonder what he thinks about DR who gave him his chance????     Playing alongside Duffy has also brought him along and Finch will have to be good to dislodge him from the 6 shirt.
I have to agree with you marra he has improved alot and last season his kicking was immense and i hope it is this year  :)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2007, 05:19:21 pm
He's  come  on  leaps  and  bounds  since  getting  a  regular  spot.  Not  sure  what'll  happen  when  Finch  comes  into  the  reckoning.  Will  Rudd  go  to  13 ???

PS  who was  playing  N.16  for  us.  He  was  taken  off  injured  early  on  in  the  2nd  half.  Was  it  Ford ??

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2007, 08:42:54 pm
yeah it was ford marra. groin injury i think

i could see it being

6 finch
7 duffy
9 matty
11 mcavoy
12 fletcher
13 rudd

with sicey and spencer coming off the bench aswell as 2 props

Offline farawayfan

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2007, 10:10:51 pm
speaking to one of the first team players a few weeks ago, he said that under DR the players were scared to come away from the "game plan" because after the game he would rip them apart with stats, now he has gone and carl havving the freedom to play his game and as crarey says make the decisions, carl has had unbeliveable talent since i started playin alongside him at the age of 8 and just got better and better, if he becomes half the player his dad was, haven will struggle to keep him.
HAVEN......PRIDE OF CUMBRIA

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 01 Jan 2008, 01:36:43 am
A couple of points in reply to the last post.

(1) Rudd was very good last year ..while Rotherham was the coach.   Really dont see the point you are making re Rotherham if anything Rudd has got better under Rotherham

(2)  I do think Rudd has the potential to run the team.  he does seem to have it all the ability to run the ball, kick and pass.

(3) I hope he stays at stand off he was for my money one of the top thrree stand offs last year in NL1  Moran Thakray and Holroyd were good but given Rudds all round game he was right up there with those blokes.  He out scored them all by a margin.

I think this year if we are "experimenting" Rudd should be allowed to play his best positon " stand off" and lets see how he develops.  A repeat of last year would be fantastic.  Any improvement and he could be a real calss act. 

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 02 Jan 2008, 02:56:55 pm
boxer i agree totally with you for once lol