HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan macdonald

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
Reply #30 on: 10 Nov 2007, 06:42:52 pm
lets get rid of Ricky Wright he is a NL2 player at best waste of money in my opinion we could sign someone a lot better than him for the money he is on

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 10 Nov 2007, 09:45:53 pm
lets get rid of Ricky Wright he is a NL2 player at best waste of money in my opinion we could sign someone a lot better than him for the money he is on

But as he is already signed on we would have to pay his contract up?

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 10 Nov 2007, 09:48:05 pm
we would be struggling to find a buyer to lol

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 11 Nov 2007, 01:10:46 am
i thought ricky wright was only a pay as you play deal?

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 11 Nov 2007, 10:09:10 am
Why  is  everyone  having  a  go  at  Wright.  He's  not  a  bad squad  player  and  has  put  in  a  few  decent  performances.  I  know  he's  no  world  beater  but  reading  the  way  people  are  slagging  him  off  you  would  have  he was  in  the  Baldwin  school  of  excellence  bracket.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 11 Nov 2007, 10:18:28 am
not a world beater but he has not let us down give him a break
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 11 Nov 2007, 10:46:14 am
it not just him there flapper too that are the weakness in our pack

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 11 Nov 2007, 12:29:21 pm
if teare gets his confidence up and actually runs hard at the line he could turn out to be a great forward
haven till i die

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 11 Nov 2007, 01:11:06 pm
ye and if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle  ;D sorry marra only joking
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2007, 01:19:11 pm by silver shadow »
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 11 Nov 2007, 01:26:42 pm
Flapper started ok i thort but with DR having him run sideways like a crab he,s easy taken down he never ran like that at the brow.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #40 on: 11 Nov 2007, 02:14:02 pm
Flapper is useless imo he doesnt make that many yards and leaves wide gaps in the line

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:16:12 pm
ye and if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle  ;D sorry marra only joking
hahaha :D
haven till i die

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 11 Nov 2007, 03:20:19 pm
Teare and Wright are not  to the standard which we have become accustomed to over the past 5 years however in todays current climate in which we are struggling desperately to attract players to the area i think their inclusion in out plans for next year is a necessity. Kind of a 'make the best of what you've got' ethos which i expect Whitehaven to adopt over the next few years.

Do we have any other option?

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #43 on: 11 Nov 2007, 05:19:57 pm
As i see things we have as things cuurently stand

PROP: Fats Edmondson Jacko Mcdonald

SR Fletch Mcavoy Miller Hill

LF: Joe  Rudd

Wright and teare are Back ups decent squad players bu that is it.   We are looking to sign another Prop which we desperatly need a Tandy / Gannon or Leikove added to the Prop options would make the world of difference.

Teare and Wright are ok in a decent team withth right attitude nwither is a front line weapon but they can usefully play a role when we have injuries.

if we sign ither Tandy / Gannon or Leikhove then our props should go pretty well in NL1

I actually think its the backs we look very weak.

Calvaert Adi and Maski all are confidence wingers. We are reliant on Rob Jackson and Derry Elibeck having stella seasons and not getting injured.  Calvert scores trys but is reliant on a decnet centre vis vi Seeds or Nanynn creating space he couldnt beat a roten egg one on one but give him space and he is untouchable...he is a could finisher.  Adi and Maski worry me to be honest.  Their CV's dont add up.  The Tongan is a winger ...thats a fact looking at his previosu playing record.  He anit a prolific winger two trys since 2005 is a big question mark .  His physical stats look good but his actual record is **** poor.  Adi scored a hatrick on his debut for Rovers but then did not score for the next six games 3 in 7 is passable for a winger, 0 in 6 in NL2 is a worry.         

I just don't think we have that experincecd centre to control the backs both defensively and in attack.  Rudd could poss do it with Finch at stand off,  but as i have said all along why move Rudd.

Rudd last year in his first full season as Stand off scored 17 try s and kicked christ nows how many goals .  He created try s and really apart from Morans opportunism was head and shoulders the best standoff in NL1 .  He scores trys and goals , he tackles well for a back. he does not miss games and most impotently creates trys and kicks well.  Most other NL1 team with the excetion of Widnes who had Moran ...who (a) is playing below his level and  (b) is  antural try scorer would snap Rudd up....so why should we change the positon of the most prolific stand off   (17 trys and 160 goals ish) in NL1 for a bloke who scored 11 trys in NL2 .   
« Last Edit: 11 Nov 2007, 05:22:15 pm by Boxer »

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 11 Nov 2007, 05:37:48 pm
i think the backs are looking very strong actually

GB - not much needs to be said one of the best if not the best fullback in the league (with benson for cover)
calvert - was it 25 tries last season?
adabesi - played super league GB under 19's only 21 lightning quick played 7 games for fev it takes time for a player to settle into a team
masiki - over 6 foot 16 stone if he has some pace he will walk over some of the defences in this league
r.jackson - on hes day is excellent carries the ball well and solid in defence
eilbeck - played well when he got his chance last year up and coming player could do well
rudd - you said enough about him
finch - unknown in this league buts from the way he played for barrow and the way he has played for cumbria could be a very good player has pace and good hands

if needs be s.macca can play centre leroy can play 6
haven till i die