HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Ryan macdonald

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #45 on: 11 Nov 2007, 06:58:12 pm
i think the backs are looking very strong actually

GB - not much needs to be said one of the best if not the best fullback in the league (with benson for cover)
calvert - was it 25 tries last season?
adabesi - played super league GB under 19's only 21 lightning quick played 7 games for fev it takes time for a player to settle into a team
masiki - over 6 foot 16 stone if he has some pace he will walk over some of the defences in this league
r.jackson - on hes day is excellent carries the ball well and solid in defence
eilbeck - played well when he got his chance last year up and coming player could do well
rudd - you said enough about him
finch - unknown in this league buts from the way he played for barrow and the way he has played for cumbria could be a very good player has pace and good hands

if needs be s.macca can play centre leroy can play 6

I agree with you mate and we will see what our team is like on december 30th

Offline mighty haven

• Academy Signing
  • up the haven
Reply #46 on: 11 Nov 2007, 07:16:53 pm
Wright and teare are a waste os space they will never make yards

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #47 on: 11 Nov 2007, 08:51:02 pm
craig scored 28 tries in 33 games if he couldnt beat people one on one how did he get the procam try of the season think hes got it a few times if it servs me correctly

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #48 on: 12 Nov 2007, 08:04:49 pm
our team looking good. i cant believe your writing off players that you aint seen play tho. who are you anzac or an idiot. give them a chance. we aint made a signing yet that people on here havnt questioned. give them a chance

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #49 on: 12 Nov 2007, 08:58:14 pm
signing mcdonald was always going to get questioned he hasnt exactly got the best record all of the others are relativley unknow especially in this league
haven till i die

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #50 on: 12 Nov 2007, 09:18:57 pm
Totally agree with Boxers earlier post, you can't argue with the stats. But maybe with new team mates, new coach, safe in the knowledge that they are playing in arguably the most improved first division club in recent seasons, and under different circumstances, these lads could gel and be superb signings for us. Lets give them a chance at least!
On the McDonald thread, imo, this is a gamble. Discipline and injury are the main concerns.Is he gonna come off the bench? If so, why can't we bring all this young talent that we apparantly have, off the bench. If they are good enough, they are old enough! Sooner or later this young talent is going to go elsewhere for first team rugby, and we know where that is!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #51 on: 12 Nov 2007, 09:40:39 pm
agree with you parton marra if mcdonald isnt coming to be a big blockbustering prop and instead is going to do 10-15 minutes a half of running the ball in then why not give ford pobs or farrer a chance now if he comes nocks some people about (legally), breaks the line, is fit and has lost a bit of weight like he says he has then im sure all this criticism will be turned around

on the other signing i think adabesi will score plenty of tries if his centre passes him the ball, same goes for calvert , and with crareys gameplan supposedly being playing with pace and throwing the ball around that should happen. Finch should go well especially with crarey as coach nobody knows much about Edmonson same as Masiki we will have to wait until we see them play
haven till i die

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #52 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:08:55 pm
an academy lad told me the other day that McDonald looks real quality if he can keep the penalties down he will be a good signing
haven till i die

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #53 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:29:03 pm
an academy lad told me the other day that McDonald looks real quality if he can keep the penalties down he will be a good signing

Looks quality against what, we are a couple of training sessions into the new season, how can you say how good he is??

TW

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 11 Dec 2007, 05:32:51 pm
another academy lad told me mcdonald was the unfitest player at haven

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #55 on: 11 Dec 2007, 06:36:57 pm
he crunched ade the other week heard he looks good ment to have gave jacko a big yan aswel lol

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #56 on: 11 Dec 2007, 06:41:30 pm

Looks quality against what, we are a couple of training sessions into the new season, how can you say how good he is??

TW

maybe looks good against our other forwards
haven till i die

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #57 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:11:32 pm
He's  took  quite  a  bit  of  flack  if  this  thread  is  owt  to  go  by.  On  todays  performance  mcdonald  could  be  a  star  signing.  Was  defo  1  of  the  best  forwards  on  show.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #58 on: 30 Dec 2007, 03:13:17 pm
best forward on the pitch i thought, what a big stronger f'er he is

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #59 on: 30 Dec 2007, 11:06:20 pm
agreed bora18 and we thought jacko was a bull and a menice this guy will take nl1 appart just what we needed to go wid flapper, fats and jacko