HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

BAMBER

Future · 27 · 2346

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 10 Oct 2007, 11:16:39 pm
some players take longer to develop and the main thing is these young lads get games this year at least with local lads you get abit of pride wich was lacking this year

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2007, 12:04:14 pm
in my opinion these lads coming through have all shown
they have got the talent to play very high level rugby league
but not yet top end nl1 they need more time and experience
would it not be better to loan the best ones out to nl2 clubs ?
as they are above academy level it might be the next step
they are needing to bring them on any thoughts?

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 11 Oct 2007, 06:46:00 pm
1st Team 2007

Played 3 won 3 .........

Played well in 2 a bit off against Dewsbury on the telly but never got another chance from DR.

I think PC will give the younger lads a chance to show what they can do.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 11 Oct 2007, 09:50:20 pm
he isnt national league standard he isnt even the stand out player in the academy
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:41:44 pm
he is major in the acadamy. wen he was out this season there was no creativity. im sure ash elsey would tell u how good bamber is because bamber gives ash to chance to play his game. he just needs experiance he has all the rest of the skills. his kicking game is second to no1 at our club. he acadamy and has signed a 2 year contract. lets give him them 2 years to get to first team level before all u gloom mongers on here write him off.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 12 Oct 2007, 09:24:26 pm
after reading everyones posts on the subject were most of you are knocking this young lad and knocking his ability it is obvious that people people commenting on this subject obviously don't go and the under 21's. This youngster has been outstanding all year as a team player and not an individual. people who are knocking him should take a look at the under 21's website and players profile this lad was quoted as the most talented player at his age and a big future in Rugby league by David Waite and prodict ed a big future in the game. Marc when he signed for whitehaven at the age of 15 has never really been given the chance he was pushing for man of the match against workington and Halifax. the match which was on TV against Dewsbury he had the top tackle counts not a bad record for someone who is not good enough for NL1.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 12 Oct 2007, 09:53:26 pm
bamber will be good and will be ready to step into the first team in 12-18 months time

hes learned off long,obst,penny,leroy and duffy

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 12 Oct 2007, 10:08:12 pm
after reading everyones posts on the subject were most of you are knocking this young lad and knocking his ability it is obvious that people people commenting on this subject obviously don't go and the under 21's. This youngster has been outstanding all year as a team player and not an individual. people who are knocking him should take a look at the under 21's website and players profile this lad was quoted as the most talented player at his age and a big future in Rugby league by David Waite and prodict ed a big future in the game. Marc when he signed for whitehaven at the age of 15 has never really been given the chance he was pushing for man of the match against workington and Halifax. the match which was on TV against Dewsbury he had the top tackle counts not a bad record for someone who is not good enough for NL1.
                                     he was on saints books was'nt he him and ashley
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 13 Oct 2007, 12:53:54 pm
i do go to academy games and people like pobs, ash elsley, farrer, chris smith and others have a bigger impact IMO and i didnt say he wasnt a good player for the academy i just said he isnt the best and i am not writing him off i agree with what i hate town said about hes 2 year contract let him play in the academy and develop into a first team player because he isnt ready yet
haven till i die

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2007, 11:19:02 am
He's in the Cumbria  squad for the game against the USA

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewarticle.aspx?id=553136

Offline daniluvsdis

• Academy Star
  • Danielle =)
Reply #25 on: 04 Nov 2007, 11:31:49 am
I reckon marc is a good player he isnt quite as good as Duffy, yet, but he soon will be, yeah he needs experience, but haven could give him this experience
Rugby League isn't just a game, a sport.. It's a way of life <3

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 04 Nov 2007, 12:20:36 pm
he is a good player but isnt nearly as good as duffy he will be our first choice scrum half one day probably in about 2 years
haven till i die