HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

sorry to sound like anzac

bobby · 15 · 1166

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
on: 02 Nov 2007, 02:34:26 pm
having seen us  sign a wingman  carnt help wondering was that a priority  theirs no way him and craig are goner score 20plus trys if we dont win the battle upfront. I personaly feel we could do with another prop/second row/center when you look at other teams like halifax/leigh/celtic/salford i carnt see us wininng the battle up front. Just get the feeling the money spent on a traveling wingman could of been spent abit more wisely    sidlow/beswick/goddard/roberts/haliwell/dana wilson/ all these players and more were available. I mean if fletch gets injured who is are game breaking forward  flapper wricky wright

justonelilpoint

Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2007, 02:47:37 pm
Yes you are sounding like Anzac!

First of all the guy isnt a travelling player, He's moving to the area and is a direct replacement for Maden
If you've read the press recently you'll have seen we after a centre and a prop -which fill two of your 3 requirements.
I feel we have enough cover at present in 2nd row, With McAvoy,Hill,Fletch and Miller.
A new prop would work well with Fats, Edmondson and Jacko
and a new centre will fight it out with Jackson and  Eilbeck.

sounding ok to me so far!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2007, 03:15:50 pm
At least Anzac can spell!!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2007, 03:40:27 pm
Yes you are sounding like Anzac!

First of all the guy isnt a travelling player, He's moving to the area and is a direct replacement for Maden
If you've read the press recently you'll have seen we after a centre and a prop -which fill two of your 3 requirements.
I feel we have enough cover at present in 2nd row, With McAvoy,Hill,Fletch and Miller.
A new prop would work well with Fats, Edmondson and Jacko
and a new centre will fight it out with Jackson and  Eilbeck.

sounding ok to me so far!

exactly right marra i think a centre and 2 more forwards and we should be ok for next season
haven till i die

justonelilpoint

Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2007, 06:07:09 pm
p.s Calvert scored 27? tries last season.We have lost two forwards since then in baldwin and Trindall.
Relaced one already with Karl  Edmondson and looks likely we'll be getting another forward -Jim Gannon ?

So you saying there's no way the wingers are  going to score 20+ tries if we dont win the forward battles looks daft already!

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2007, 06:38:53 pm
p.s Calvert scored 27? tries last season.We have lost two forwards since then in baldwin and Trindall.Relaced one already with Karl  Edmondson and looks likely we'll be getting another forward -Jim Gannon ?

So you saying there's no way the wingers are  going to score 20+ tries if we dont win the forward battles looks daft already!

lost baldwin? he went missing very shortly after he signed.  :D

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2007, 08:59:18 pm
Speaking of ANZAC, where has he gone?

Does anybody know?

Starting to get worried personally about his possible frame of mind. One or two positives floating around at the moment !!!!!!!

justonelilpoint

Reply #7 on: 02 Nov 2007, 09:18:33 pm
and what happened to Mr.Positve himself  'jameater' ? took another membership off..whats he coming back next as ?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 03 Nov 2007, 10:35:07 am
p.s Calvert scored 27? tries last season.We have lost two forwards since then in baldwin and Trindall.
Relaced one already with Karl  Edmondson and looks likely we'll be getting another forward -Jim Gannon ?

gannon has signed for oldham another one we have missed out on
THE MULLET IS BACK

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 04 Nov 2007, 11:19:18 am
I thought Oldham had money worries again ?

M

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 04 Nov 2007, 11:49:02 am
ye and glassie has signed for dewsbury how do they do it?
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline bobby

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 05 Nov 2007, 01:20:39 pm
so macdonlad and dexter are the new signings sorry if i was getting woried about are chances this year why carnt we splash out and get just 2 or 3 real decent players  we have done well in the last couple of years their must be some money. Other wise we are goner be mid table .If you have to many average players you get an average team

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 05 Nov 2007, 01:43:25 pm
Once again I think you will find that you HAVEN'T signed Dexter.   If my information is correct he will be playing for Town next season!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 05 Nov 2007, 03:32:28 pm
Correct Keith i believe he has opted to stay at Town

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 05 Nov 2007, 03:53:32 pm
it was only DR who wnated dex i heard