HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Season tickets

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 08 Nov 2007, 06:58:27 pm
We all agree that the toilets are not up to scratch BUT have you ever been there to clean up DURING the night when people  (who i assume are adults) fill the toilets with paper and rolls so they are blocked.  Towels all over the floor when there are bins to use and cans put down the pan.  Yes they are a disgrace at times but there is no need for them to be if people act like human beings and not animals.  Be honest there is not alot that can be done structure wise because the building is riddled with damp.  It gets a coat of paint before the season and thats about all that can be done.  What we really need is a new building.  On another point the bar will be open later from this season no more kicking out at 8 and 9 pm.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 08 Nov 2007, 07:32:39 pm
We all agree that the toilets are not up to scratch BUT have you ever been there to clean up DURING the night when people  (who i assume are adults) fill the toilets with paper and rolls so they are blocked.  Towels all over the floor when there are bins to use and cans put down the pan.  Yes they are a disgrace at times but there is no need for them to be if people act like human beings and not animals.  Be honest there is not alot that can be done structure wise because the building is riddled with damp.  It gets a coat of paint before the season and thats about all that can be done.  What we really need is a new building.  On another point the bar will be open later from this season no more kicking out at 8 and 9 pm.

If that is the case then Staff should check on the toilets every hour like they do in supermarkets.
Toilets are meant to be hygenic but ours EVEN BEFORE NIGHT are shameful.
Lots of things can be done even with damp that would improve the toilets 100% oh i forgot that would cost a small amount of money which the club wont spend.

Monte2carlo

Reply #17 on: 08 Nov 2007, 08:36:14 pm
Champ,

Are you Dave and Darren doing the bar this year ?

M

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 08 Nov 2007, 09:30:50 pm
i say adukt entrance prices keep rising 13 quid now when it wa 11 last year its getting worse

But we're still cheaper than all the away grounds that i go to.
People want to invest loads in players, but we're noe getting the same through the turnstiles as the likes of widnes.
Would the same people who want money spent on players pay 15 quid to get in to home mtaches?

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 08 Nov 2007, 10:36:28 pm

If that is the case then Staff should check on the toilets every hour like they do in supermarkets.
Lots of things can be done even with damp that would improve the toilets 100% oh i forgot that would cost a small amount of money which the club wont spend.
The 'staff' as you put it will be the support group.  They will be giving up watching the game and NOT getting paid.  Maybe some of the supporters could keep an eye out as they will be using the toilets more than the staff. Then again thats not your job is it.  If you can fix the problems 100% feel free to come and help.  As we have a builder on the support group i doubt there is much you could do to make it up to the standard we all want.  Bottom line is the building needs replacing and until the funds are found to do the work im afraid we will have to soldier on. 

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 08 Nov 2007, 11:20:59 pm
No, Paul, the bottom line is that people have no respect for property not belonging to themselves.    If that were not the case I would dread to think of the state of some of their homes.    Why should people full of drink expect another person, working voluntarily, to go and clean their mess up after them???    If they were waiting for me to do it they would have along wait, Paul??    That's the way the world is now where we need to have people going around after people to wipe their bums!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 09 Nov 2007, 04:29:00 pm

The 'staff' as you put it will be the support group.  They will be giving up watching the game and NOT getting paid.  Maybe some of the supporters could keep an eye out as they will be using the toilets more than the staff. Then again thats not your job is it.  If you can fix the problems 100% feel free to come and help.  As we have a builder on the support group i doubt there is much you could do to make it up to the standard we all want.  Bottom line is the building needs replacing and until the funds are found to do the work im afraid we will have to soldier on. 

I pay ?12 soon to be ?13 to watch a game then i spend around ?20 in the club afterwards the least i expect is a clean toilet facility, which is not being provided.
If the club do not pay staff then more fool them whitehaven rlfc is a buisness and has a duty to provide for its customers/fans.
Why should i feel free to help ??? I am a fan of 20 years who works 12 hours a day and most weekends.

I will not stop going to the matches but if the toilet situation remains the same i shall simply follow the other Haven fans to the marchon club to spend my money.
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2007, 04:37:20 pm by shavenhaven »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 11 Nov 2007, 10:17:59 am
I  noticed  towards  the  end  of  last  season  how  quiet  the  bar  is.  The  toilets  may  seem  a  trivial  issue  but  they  aren't.  Even  the  mens  were  occassionally  flooded.  Having  a  quiet  bar  must  be  a  huge  loss  of  revenue  to  the  club  which  must  run  into  several  thousnad  over  the  season.  How  many  toilets  could  you  buy  with  that ??

Ideally  we  need  a  proper  brick  structure.  Despite  having  a  tatty  ground  I  couldn't  get  over  what  a  nice  clubhouse  Blackpool  had ( Fylde  RU ).  2  story  with  a  nice  bar  area.  Decent  seats,  carpeted  througout  and  a  food  despensing  area.  And  yes  very  nice  toilets...............Infact  you  could  use  it  for  functions  or  just  somewhere  to  go  for  a  few  pints.  Pity  the  club  couldn't  get  additional  funding  for  such  a  project.  I'm  sure  it  would  be  a  winner. :)

justonelilpoint

Reply #23 on: 11 Nov 2007, 01:35:23 pm
I quite agree with all you say and dare say the directors do, catch 22 though...where you build it ? the current site is slap bang in middle of pow beck plans for a road.Yeah i know it all looks unlikely and could be years off...but could spend thousands building new one, Only to have to knock it down.
Only place i could think is on corner of Kells and Pop side with maybe a window over pitch like Wakefields .
Wouldnt affect 2 new stands in Pow beck plans would it ?Thats if there no intention of moving pitch 90 degree.
The clubs age is catching up fast now, Its served longer than it was probably intended for .Remember it was a portacbin which served as a  canteen for contractors at sellafield when it came and was so yellow from cigarette smoke. Its amde the club thousands though over last dozen or so years.
But perhaps some work could still be done to prolong the life ?.How about building a small toilet block which joins onto it ? How about some new tables and chairs ?  and not the chip board ones that have crept in over last few years ,new carpets and better decor etc ?
All costs money but like you say the club is losing that moeny anyway over the bar.
I bet the number of private functions on other days of weeks has dropped off ,so more money lost ?
Paul and the other lads and lasses shouldnt be missing one minute of the game they doing enough work raising funds etc anyway ,Volunteers are fantastic and keep costs down, But if we serious about things like S/L then we should be employing people in all aspects at the club. Its what the RFL look at as much as whether you have a shiny new stand or not.
Perhaps we could pay someone  say ?10 an hour to keep toilets clean and check on them on a Sunday night from say 5-10 ? is  ?50 a lot ? Should Paul etc have to have their hands down drains unblocking things for sake of ?50 ?

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 24 Nov 2007, 12:32:06 am
how many have we sold? i have one hu else has

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 24 Nov 2007, 09:21:47 pm
how many have we sold? i have one hu else has

not being funny or owt, but what does it matter?

does it matter if we have sold 1 or 1000?

so long as people turn up on sundays to watch!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 25 Nov 2007, 01:06:33 am
suppose your right marra what does it matter

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 28 Nov 2007, 04:15:38 pm
Does anyone know when the Childrens season tickets are being released?

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #28 on: 29 Nov 2007, 01:15:05 pm
Fixtures due out next week marra so i would hope kids tickets will be out soon after.

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 10 Dec 2007, 02:43:53 pm
Is there still no word on kids tickets?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave